• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Splice Of Life

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Just picked up a Splice of CL for $85. Crystal with Ice Iridium. Lenses need replacing and screw areas show rust but the FMJ parts are pretty solid with some minimal scuffing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some new lenses chopped and get that rust out.

they use t-5 screws. go gentle cos some of em snap screws, esp when rusty. probaby wise to WD40 it first.. then soap and wash thoroughly once you get the frame apart..
T5? Dammit!

The rust is IN the plastic which may not be able to be removed. I'm not too concerned though as I plan on wearing these and you can't really see the rust unless they're right in front of you. There is a scuff on the blue part on the lower right orbital that can hopefully be buffed out.

Hopefully I have a T5 in my toolbox as well.

I'll post pics when I get home.

I picked up my first Splice last week and the fit is awesome. For some reason I thought they would be heavier then they actually are. They are nice and lite.

Just did a cleaning on the entire frame.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Is the plastic on the FMJ parts fragile? I accidentally may have tightened one of the upper orbital screws a little too tight and it started splitting. I didn't even use that much force.

Back