• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Xmetal

Jontoad

I should Work at Oakley
Naperville, IL
just got these in the mail. carbon x squared with black iridium polar lenses. i can't wait till the red linegear rubber kit comes in for them.

i like to keep my lenses all oakley if i can, but i also ordered a set of linegear red mirror polar lenses to see if i like them.

20t4epz.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Welcome to the addiction otherwise known as X-Metals. Seems that lots of people gravitate to the LG red mirrors when they first get into X-Metals. I'm sure you've done your research on the aftermarket lenses, so I won't repeat it. I personally stick with oem Oakley lenses for all of my X-Metals, but to each his/her own. Post some more pics once your LG stuff arrives and let us see how they look. Congrats, man!

Great find linegear? I suggest not bro YOU WANT OAKLEYS all the way for custom cuts pm infinite hero.

i understand what you guys are saying, like i said i like to keep my stuff all Oakley too. you can't match the clarity of the Oakley lens in the aftermarket. i just like the way the red mirror lens looks so i want to try it. Oakley doesn't have a color like the linegear red mirror. i would rather leave the black iridium polar lens in than get Oakley ruby lenses. really i am not too worried about it because i plan to get another XS in plasma and make one my shelf whores and have one to wear eventually.

Congrats! I picked up the same exact pair last week. Haven’t worn them yet because they are too nice… lol… I’m thinking of getting another pair for daily wear and one to keep on the shelf.

Congrats! I picked up the same exact pair last week. Haven’t worn them yet because they are too nice… lol… I’m thinking of getting another pair for daily wear and one to keep on the shelf.

^^^ exactly my plan. unfortunately this pair only came with a microfiber bag. the next one i'll have to make sure to get the box, coin, soft vault setup with to put on the shelf.

i got a large soft vault for these but i guess they are too wide for one of those cause it doesn't fit...

^^^ exactly my plan. unfortunately this pair only came with a microfiber bag. the next one i'll have to make sure to get the box, coin, soft vault setup with to put on the shelf.

i got a large soft vault for these but i guess they are too wide for one of those cause it doesn't fit...

I have an extra box with coin for the x-squared (it’s just box and coin only from x-metal frame and ruby iridium lens). If you are interested, shoot me an offer…

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 166