1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

just got these in the mail. carbon x squared with black iridium polar lenses. i can't wait till the red linegear rubber kit comes in for them.

i like to keep my lenses all oakley if i can, but i also ordered a set of linegear red mirror polar lenses to see if i like them.

My First Xmetal - 20t4epz.jpg

Last edited: 6/24/14
    mercat likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ralph Marshall

Ralph Marshall Oakley Collector

Nice! Welcome to the addiction otherwise known as X-Metals. Seems that lots of people gravitate to the LG red mirrors when they first get into X-Metals. I'm sure you've done your research on the aftermarket lenses, so I won't repeat it. I personally stick with oem Oakley lenses for all of my X-Metals, but to each his/her own. Post some more pics once your LG stuff arrives and let us see how they look. Congrats, man!

3. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

Great find linegear? I suggest not bro YOU WANT OAKLEYS all the way for custom cuts pm infinite hero.

4. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

i understand what you guys are saying, like i said i like to keep my stuff all Oakley too. you can't match the clarity of the Oakley lens in the aftermarket. i just like the way the red mirror lens looks so i want to try it. Oakley doesn't have a color like the linegear red mirror. i would rather leave the black iridium polar lens in than get Oakley ruby lenses. really i am not too worried about it because i plan to get another XS in plasma and make one my shelf whores and have one to wear eventually.

5. pav333hp

pav333hp Oakley Beginner

Congrats! I picked up the same exact pair last week. Haven’t worn them yet because they are too nice… lol… I’m thinking of getting another pair for daily wear and one to keep on the shelf.

Jontoad likes this.
  6. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

^^^ exactly my plan. unfortunately this pair only came with a microfiber bag. the next one i'll have to make sure to get the box, coin, soft vault setup with to put on the shelf.

i got a large soft vault for these but i guess they are too wide for one of those cause it doesn't fit...

7. pav333hp

pav333hp Oakley Beginner

I have an extra box with coin for the x-squared (it’s just box and coin only from x-metal frame and ruby iridium lens). If you are interested, shoot me an offer…

Attached Files: