• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Ikea Display Cabinet

Nice. I'm likely going to have to settle for this case as well with few Oakley cases in my area, and the only couple I've seen going for premium money. No Ikea stores within 3 hours of me though, but hope to have one within a month or so.

very nice collection. every piece is a quality choice.

i like the cases, for the price you can't go wrong. i have two of those cases. i had to add locks to them so my nieces don't play dress up with my collection. lol.

very nice collection. every piece is a quality choice.

i like the cases, for the price you can't go wrong. i have two of those cases. i had to add locks to them so my nieces don't play dress up with my collection. lol.
What lock did you use? Was it one you had to drill a hole into the glass somehow?

What lock did you use? Was it one you had to drill a hole into the glass somehow?

cheap ebay locks but they do the job, i got two from the same seller so the keys would match on both cases. i did not have to drill a hole in the glass as the lock itself just has screws that tighten against a metal plate to sandwich the glass door in it. i did have to remove the top magnet and make a 3/4ths of an inch or so wide slot in the wood top for the metal part that slides out of the lock. they give you a striker plate to put over the slot. the lock is shaped so it acts as your handle for opening the door too.

Glass Cabinet Locks IKEA Detolf Display Cabinet C407 5 110 Keyed The Same | eBay

znak2f.jpg

6pyzba.jpg

Last edited:
Back