• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Juliets Might Not Be Juliets :(

HJames2990

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I was at my little brothers graduation. It was held outside and I was wearing my juliets and I met a guy wearing the same colorway and everything. I was like hey nice glasses! We compared our pairs and his arm stems were a perfect curve. Mine aren't like that? Here is a picture of mine
Julietarmstem.jpg

his were just a perect curve. It didnt have that little bit where it dents inward. Does anybody know about this?

Apparently the ear stems are called "Hammer Stems"

I found several threads about these. They actually are juliets, but apparently oakley made the polished frame and fire lense the only pair of juliets that had hammer stems. These are either first or second generation accoridng to these threads. I think I might have a collectors item :D

HJames2990 said:
Apparently the ear stems are called "Hammer Stems"

I found several threads about these. They actually are juliets, but apparently oakley made the polished frame and fire lense the only pair of juliets that had hammer stems. These are either first or second generation accoridng to these threads. I think I might have a collectors item :D

They still make the hammer stem as well as the polished fire polarized version. Update: or so I thought apparently now they have straight arms.

There is a Polished verision with Blue Iridium that also has the Hammer Stems (discontinued, and it's the original Blue Iridium with the grey base and not the VR28). I know I own a pair and they are one of my favorite pairs of Juliets.

This has been a source of confusion for years. All XX models had the hammerstem...on the Juliet ALL polished variants carried the hammerstem and one mega rare Carbon Ichiro that was produced for only 3 months. As of today, only the polished with fire polarized is produced stock with hammerstems...any other variants are custom builds. And to answer the question of "why hammerstems only on polished frames" its because the polished frames were originally designed specifically for the Ichiro editions at his request so that carried over to other polished models to this day.

It's still confusing since my Polished Juliet with Blue Iridium came out 2 years before there was an Ichiro signature edition. Although I believe he did wear this colorway when it first came out and his signature edition followed after. And yes, glad to know yours are not fake.

ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
This has been a source of confusion for years. All XX models had the hammerstem...on the Juliet ALL polished variants carried the hammerstem and one mega rare Carbon Ichiro that was produced for only 3 months. As of today, only the polished with fire polarized is produced stock with hammerstems...any other variants are custom builds. And to answer the question of "why hammerstems only on polished frames" its because the polished frames were originally designed specifically for the Ichiro editions at his request so that carried over to other polished models to this day.

I looked at the site last night and they've updated everything and now the polished Juliet seems to be devoid of the hammerstems.

Back