• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Leave Of Absence...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
I see. Youve been busy with 136 posts in just a few days lol. Ive been absent since September

I see. Youve been busy with 136 posts in just a few days lol. Ive been absent since September

Yeah, Frank had some pent-up stuff... :wink:

But welcome back!
I'm very sorry to hear about your marriage. Unfortuneately you have a lot of that in what you and Hearno do, having seen it many times in our family.
It ended suddenly and maybe that is a blessing of sorts; you invested 11 years and I know that hurts on many levels but I can tell you firsthand that it gets better.
My first marriage now seems like a movie that I watched or something that happened to someone else because it doesn't even feel like it was a part of my past now.
Time does heal all wounds and you will come out the other side if you handle your business like the pro that you are.
It sounds like both of you guys have the right perspective- protect the job 'cause without it you're really screwed.
Then let time do its thing.
Friends help.
Hobbies help.
We're here to help.
One day at a time, gentlemen!

I agree with all, no apology or explanation needed. Sorry to hear about the unrest in your personal life and definately agree that material things and hobbies need to take a back seat. Hopefully this New Year will be one that brings some peace and stability. Stay safe, I know its tough to do the job you do when you have things going on in the background.

Glad see you back in the mix here. On a personal note, thanks for the patch you sent me and I hope it wasn't an imposition during a tough time. Thanks again.

Sunglasses don't seem so important when you're dealing with marriage issues. My 12 yr marriage/relationship ended June 2010, and it took over 2 years to get back on track. Now I'm dating a 24 yr old and really enjoying my life.
Wish I had advice, but I don't
a

Things like this are never easy. But when the fires have died, and all that remains is ash, you will rise again.

You have the OFams support.

On a personal note, thanks for the patch you sent me and I hope it wasn't an imposition during a tough time. Thanks again.

If you guys collect that stuff my Dad has an extensive badge and patch collection. When I was a kid and we would go on vacation he would head to the local constabulary and scrounge.
He became a LEO in the year I was born- 1962 - so he has been at it for a while. He also hosts has a local badge show annually.
PM me and LMK.

Latest Posts

Back