• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Leave Of Absence...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Yeah, Frank had some pent-up stuff... :wink:

But welcome back!
I'm very sorry to hear about your marriage. Unfortuneately you have a lot of that in what you and Hearno do, having seen it many times in our family.
It ended suddenly and maybe that is a blessing of sorts; you invested 11 years and I know that hurts on many levels but I can tell you firsthand that it gets better.
My first marriage now seems like a movie that I watched or something that happened to someone else because it doesn't even feel like it was a part of my past now.
Time does heal all wounds and you will come out the other side if you handle your business like the pro that you are.
It sounds like both of you guys have the right perspective- protect the job 'cause without it you're really screwed.
Then let time do its thing.
Friends help.
Hobbies help.
We're here to help.
One day at a time, gentlemen!

Very well put. Ive already started moving on and my happiness is already rising. Other women tend to do that lol.

I agree with all, no apology or explanation needed. Sorry to hear about the unrest in your personal life and definately agree that material things and hobbies need to take a back seat. Hopefully this New Year will be one that brings some peace and stability. Stay safe, I know its tough to do the job you do when you have things going on in the background.

Glad see you back in the mix here. On a personal note, thanks for the patch you sent me and I hope it wasn't an imposition during a tough time. Thanks again.

No worries man. I actually couldnt remember if i had sent it and was thinking about it the other day. Glad u got it.

Thanks again guys. I had many many issues over the past years and it took a toll. She did us both a favor looking back. I wasnt ever able to speak publicly about this, but this chapter also ended in my life in December and it has made things much easier:

Dismissal of suit against BA, police officer upheld | Tulsa World

Holy crap that's some heavy ****!

Not making light of it in any way because I am sure it's a heavy burden...but when a cop is pointing a gun in your direction tells you to do something, you should probably do it because chances are you've already ****ed up enough to escalate the situation.

Offering my sincerest apologies on the recent events. I can sympathize with you on sudden splits like this and they aren't easy. I will toss some prayers to the man upstairs for your peace of mind in the coming weeks.

And although you don't serve my community, a very sincere thank you for the service to your community as well. Judging from the article, you seem to be one of the many fine officers forced into a bad place and I'm happy to see you weren't taken down by that selfish woman.

Hope the road starts turning in your favor soon, and welcome back!

Hey bro, life happens. I have posted on your FB in regards to the closure on that horrible incident, and I can only imagine it is a burden that has been lifted. You can never live down the fact it happened, and that in and of itself can be hard I am sure. As for the marriage, it is terrible to hear man, but every cloud has it's silver lining. The fact you know where your shortcomings are/were during that time, and the fact you are making strives not to be make those mistakes in the future is the best move you can make. You may slow down in the material things, but honestly man, you are who you are. Oakley is all of us, otherwise we wouldn't be here. You won't walk away completely, it's like freakin heroine. You will come back, take another shot or whatever, and it will suck you back in haha. Trying to lighten the tone a hair...It is just who we are. Good luck in all your life's events and ventures, and be safe man, be safe.

Sorry to hear about this as well. Just one of the reaaons why the job we do is so hard on families and personal lives in general. It always amazes me that people don't realize we are not required to be reactional when it comes to a person with a weapon. The public opinion is usually we need to be shot at or charged with a knife before we are allowed to take action against the aggression. If we were not allowed to be proactive and be the aggressor in situations when people have weapons there would be a lot more dead and injured cops. When a person has a weapon and refuses to relinquish the weapon upon command, we have to assume they are going to use that weapon against us in a manner which will cause an immediate risk of severe injury or death to us and take action to prevent them from such a use of the weapon. Of course I am not telling you anything you don't already know just putting it out threre.

Like I said before here's hoping this year brings peace and stability, also happiness.

Thanks for all your support guys! And a special thanks to Chop as I know hesbeen a big supporter of mine....as the saying goes lets move forward! Thanks again.

Back