• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My New Display.

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
So last week I was in Tampa and I had an ikea not far from me. I saw the pictures you guys have of the detolf display case and I thought it was nice and the best I was gonna find cheap. So I had to get one. I also went to the Oakley store while I was there and I got a pair of polished white/ruby frogskins. Well here are some pictures of my display.

SAM_0164.jpg

SAM_0166.jpg

SAM_0167.jpg

SAM_0169.jpg

SAM_0170.jpg

Your pictures aren't working for me :(. As for the Detolf, I used these moveable-mountable lights. One at the very top facing inward, and one at the little hole on top. I use the plastic to keep it from shining too much light. I'm still working on a better method, but you will probably get wiring issues no matter what. I was thinking of doing what one of the other members did though, and put a white screen on the back. This way, I could run wires out the button and create little holes at the back. It's only particle board, so it should be relatively painless to make modifications.

Your pictures aren't working for me :(. As for the Detolf, I used these moveable-mountable lights. One at the very top facing inward, and one at the little hole on top. I use the plastic to keep it from shining too much light. I'm still working on a better method, but you will probably get wiring issues no matter what. I was thinking of doing what one of the other members did though, and put a white screen on the back. This way, I could run wires out the button and create little holes at the back. It's only particle board, so it should be relatively painless to make modifications.

Thanks for the advice. As for the pictures I don't know why they are not working. I can see them perfectly fine.

It's working for me now actually lol. I like the TF3 Gascan's, even though they're hidden :)

Haha well the ones in the front with ice lenses are the tf Gascans the ones behind them are the arms of the matte black Gascans with the front shield of the tf Gascans. There is another set inside the box that has never been used and has basically been in there since July. I have taken them out like twice.

Yeah, but Oakley doesn't take trade offers haha. Oh well. Once you get more, you'll need to mod the case!

Yeah, but Oakley doesn't take trade offers haha. Oh well. Once you get more, you'll need to mod the case!

You got me there. And yup I hoping I don't have to mod it so soon my Frogskin section if getting a little crowded. I might have to change the way I'm displaying them in the future.

Back