1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

So last week I was in Tampa and I had an ikea not far from me. I saw the pictures you guys have of the detolf display case and I thought it was nice and the best I was gonna find cheap. So I had to get one. I also went to the Oakley store while I was there and I got a pair of polished white/ruby frogskins. Well here are some pictures of my display.

My New Display. - SAM_0164.jpg

My New Display. - SAM_0166.jpg

My New Display. - SAM_0167.jpg

My New Display. - SAM_0169.jpg

My New Display. - SAM_0170.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Menendez1293

Oh one more thing. Does anybody know how to hide the wire for the light? I can't seem to find a way to do it without it still showing

3. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Your pictures aren't working for me :(. As for the Detolf, I used these moveable-mountable lights. One at the very top facing inward, and one at the little hole on top. I use the plastic to keep it from shining too much light. I'm still working on a better method, but you will probably get wiring issues no matter what. I was thinking of doing what one of the other members did though, and put a white screen on the back. This way, I could run wires out the button and create little holes at the back. It's only particle board, so it should be relatively painless to make modifications.

4. Menendez1293

Thanks for the advice. As for the pictures I don't know why they are not working. I can see them perfectly fine.

5. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

It's working for me now actually lol. I like the TF3 Gascan's, even though they're hidden :)

6. Menendez1293

Haha well the ones in the front with ice lenses are the tf Gascans the ones behind them are the arms of the matte black Gascans with the front shield of the tf Gascans. There is another set inside the box that has never been used and has basically been in there since July. I have taken them out like twice.

7. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

If you...want to ever get rid of them....just let me know :).

8. Menendez1293

Sorry but I don't plan on ever getting rid of them I am to much of a transformers freak. Last time I checked You could still buy them from Oakley if you didn't know

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Yeah, but Oakley doesn't take trade offers haha. Oh well. Once you get more, you'll need to mod the case!

10. Menendez1293

You got me there. And yup I hoping I don't have to mod it so soon my Frogskin section if getting a little crowded. I might have to change the way I'm displaying them in the future.