• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My New Inmates Stink

Twitch

Oakley Beginner
I picked up a pair of Used Inmates off eBay. They came in great condition and I got them for a good deal. They are the gray with BIP. They came shipped in one of the square O gray felt clamshell cases. As soon as I opened the package I smelled a strong cologne smell. Then after I actually got the glasses out of the case and microfiber bag it was clear something was up. The smell was so strong. Now I'm not talkin a couple squirts strong but it was like you spayed some up your nose strong. The inside of the bag was clearly sprayed heavily with a rather cheap musky cologne. I washed the bag and have washed the glasses with dawn dish soap three times very thoroughly and I still can't wear the dang things without the smell driving me nuts. Even after going through the washing machine the micro bag still stinks. The case is on my bag porch, don't know what to do with that. I messaged the seller and he replied that the glasses were kept in a medicine cabinet where a bottle of cologne spilled. I asked him why he shipped the to me when they smelled so offensive and no reply.

What can I do to get the Axe body spay smell off my Inmates? I even took the ear socks off and cleaned them with alcohol. Still no help. I ordered new ones but they are back ordered. Any suggestions yall?

All this talk about inmates makes me want another pair.....and ive purchased 2 in the last 30 days. Lol.

If the smell is too bad send em on over. Id rather they stink in my case than yours.....just lookin out for you.

The light (I think its called) frame with BIP and chrome with VR28 BI. I'd like maybe another as it's become my favorite (non xmetal) pair

I have an M Frame box - one of the old clear 1st gen ones - that I can't remove from a drawer without being overcome with a perfume smell. And it's been probably a year since I got it. I can't bring myself to throw it out, but if I take it out of the drawer it makes the whole room reek!

Same with me I have a pair of underwear I soiled a while back every time I grab a pair I almost pass out but can't get myself to throw them away ya know! Lol maybe I should wash them?

Back on topic though. How do the inmates compare to deviations?

Back