• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My new Prizm Badmans

lee.s.b

Oakley Expert
England
IMG_20150413_173442489.jpg
IMG_20150413_173806345.jpg
I've been contemplating these for a while,
Decided to take the plunge.
They have just arrived and its cloudy but the lens contrast is excellent.
They've turned my led TV into an amoled version.

only had them a few hours so i've only had chance to do a bit of posing in front of the mirror.
but initially they feel really light and comfortable,
not grippy due to the flex in the o-matter and the spring hinges.
but don't feel like they would easily fall off either.
look wise i've quite a big head so i think they suit me o.k

what do you think about them?

i'll have to see after an extended wear.
what about the workmanship and detailing?

There has been a lot of discussion here crapping on the madman / badman neXt-metals in comparison to the original x-metals. Which is valid, because there's nothing else that lives up to the originals. But that's buying into marketing hype; they should be evaluated on their own merits.

That said, I think the workmanship and detailing are just fine; I like them and look forward to the next model expected later this year. I agree they're a bit overpriced, but the market will bear what the market will bear.

My concern is the join between the o-matter and the aluminum - the screws are threaded directly into the o-matter instead of having embedded metal threads. This may wear out over time, especially with a lot of lens swapping or other customization.

For a daily wear pair, the prizm daily polarized is a great choice. It will cover a variety of condition. Right now, this is prob my personal favorite lens choice. Congrats on your purchase and keep us posted on how they hold up over time.

For a daily wear pair, the prizm daily polarized is a great choice. It will cover a variety of condition. Right now, this is prob my personal favorite lens choice. Congrats on your purchase and keep us posted on how they hold up over time.

thanks, i'll add some more info when i've had chance to wear them a while

I think they look good but I didn't get one because they didn't fit me well.
I had the Badman Daily but it really didn't fit me either. Sat too low on my face so when I smiled the glasses bounced up on my cheeks (sounds dodgy I know ;-) But last week I had the chance to try the Badman Asian fit and all issues resolved.

Exccept for one. The Asian fit lens curvature is way less than the standard (I recall 6 or 7, VS. 8.75) so it was like a Holbrook Xmetal.

Back