• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My newest addition.....or is it addiction

SNAFU

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Well I posted this in the "what are you wearing" thread yesterday but crappy cell phone pics don't do it justice... I was pretty content with my O-Matter frames but after joining here I realised that I did in fact miss my old Juliet's........

I began trawling the X-Metal Exchange and noticed @GH4AU posted a thread with a few pairs of juliets for sale on of which being a first Gen J serial with custom cut Pos Red Iridium lenses as soon as a saw it I knew I wanted them. Griff was awesome to deal with and I would not hesitate to deal with him again.

They arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The Pos Red look to me at least what the old ruby used to a nice deep red with hints of orange and purple and every time I look at these they remind me of Eric Bana in Black Hawk Down.

I've also picked up a few other X-metals already and will be giving one a bit of a conversion in the near future too. Anyway here's some pics

_DSC5554 copy.jpg

_DSC5555 copy.jpg

_DSC5557 copy.jpg

IMG_4409.JPG

_DSC5558 copy.jpg

Here's one with all my current X-Metals.........3 Juliet's and 1 Penny

_DSC5560 copy.jpg

My young bloke after having surgery is a bit sore and sorry so I let him wear the Penny's to try and get a smile, took a bit but got one eventually ;)

_DSC5551 copy.jpg

Thanks for checking it out

Well I posted this in the "what are you wearing" thread yesterday but crappy cell phone pics don't do it justice... I was pretty content with my O-Matter frames but after joining here I realised that I did in fact miss my old Juliet's........

I began trawling the X-Metal Exchange and noticed @GH4AU posted a thread with a few pairs of juliets for sale on of which being a first Gen J serial with custom cut Pos Red Iridium lenses as soon as a saw it I knew I wanted them. Griff was awesome to deal with and I would not hesitate to deal with him again.

They arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The Pos Red look to me at least what the old ruby used to a nice deep red with hints of orange and purple and every time I look at these they remind me of Eric Bana in Black Hawk Down.

I've also picked up a few other X-metals already and will be giving one a bit of a conversion in the near future too. Anyway here's some pics

View attachment 125577

View attachment 125578

View attachment 125579

View attachment 125582

View attachment 125580

Here's one with all my current X-Metals.........3 Juliet's and 1 Penny

View attachment 125581

My young bloke after having surgery is a bit sore and sorry so I let him wear the Penny's to try and get a smile, took a bit but got one eventually ;)

View attachment 125576

Thanks for checking it out
The pictures look great and your boy does as well. I hope he gets to feeling better soon! You were also a pleasure to deal with.
You chose quite a rare Penny for your first. It's a beauty!

Looking good mate. Hope the young fella gets better quickly.
Which part of Oz are you in?

Looking good mate. Hope the young fella gets better quickly.
Which part of Oz are you in?

Thanks mate. Over the other side in Brisbane.

Convoyed across the Nullabour and spent some time in Perth/Freemantle before heading out to Bindoon for some training years ago

Back