• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Oakley addiction is getting worse... and I'm realizing it!

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
My name is London and I have a problem...

So I just looked back and saw what my collection was in September when I got my double wide and compared it to what I have now.

September '11:
1. Half Jackets
2. London Police Gascan
3. Troy Lee Gascan
4. Juliets
5. TF3 Gascan
6. Plaintiff
7. Rossi Holbrook
8. Flying Tiger Gascan
9. Ducati Saclpel
10. Ducati Gascan
11. Troy Lee Jupiter LX
12. Hayden Oil Rig
13. Moto GP Fuel Cell

In the past 5 Months I have scooped up the following.

14. Ducati Hatchet
15. Black Plaintiff
16. 10th Mtn Gascan
17. X Metal Juliet
18. SI Desert Gascan
19. Gascan S (Graffiti Project)
20. Soviet Hijinx
21. Soviet Gascan

Thats 8 pair in 5 months haha. It's just crazy because I don't even realize that I'm spending that kind of money.

Random thread I know, but when was your "wow" moment (if you've had it) where you were like wow... I have a lot of money sitting here considering I can only wear one pair at a time??

I think my story is similar. I had 19 when I joined (think aug/sept) and got 30 now! Haha
It is a lot of £$€ for sure :0)

You are not alone.....But remember its a hobby, not an addiction. It can get outta control, and sooner or later you will be selling off stuff to fund other purchases, or selling off stuff to recoop money that is necessary else where. 8 pair in 5 months maybe alot for some, but I have seen some collectors spiral out of control. I bought 5 pair in one day, yes it was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up. Take your time finding stuff, what you want will pop up online or from a collector soon enough and at a low price.....

You are not alone.....But remember its a hobby, not an addiction. It can get outta control, and sooner or later you will be selling off stuff to fund other purchases, or selling off stuff to recoop money that is necessary else where. 8 pair in 5 months maybe alot for some, but I have seen some collectors spiral out of control. I bought 5 pair in one day, yes it was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up. Take your time finding stuff, what you want will pop up online or from a collector soon enough and at a low price.....

Speak with much wisdom you do...

Haha. You should be called Oakley Dad! ;0)
Watching out for us all :biggrin:

Words of wisdom:big_boss:

Back