• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Oakleys

Nice collection, what are those purple frogskins? Got a better pic of em?

The Frogskins are a reminder that I got that people can be really dishonest, these are knockoffs! I purchased these a bit ago to a very high price (I paid like $150 USD) for cheap plastics, I was told that they were made in the 80's and blah, blah blah, I purchased them and then took it to the Oakley store for a new set of lenses and when they removed the lenses they saw that the paint was falling off!!!! so they told me that the shades were not original and they worth nothing... so I wrote the seller and never had any response, eBay told me that since the sunglasses were sold as is there were nothing I could do... sad... so I decided to keep 'em as a reminder for me to not do any business if I'm not sure of the background of the seller... well sad story my friend... I think that was my right of passage... to the Oakley collection world

Agreed with snagging some Thump 2 lenses from the vault.com. G30 Ti, HI Yellow and Ti Clear are some easy pickups to spiff up a gascan.

I am surprised that EBay sided with the Seller.

Yeah dude, that's why I always recommend that if you're buying on eBay use the golden rule: if it seems an awesome deal then think it twic, eBay is paid by the sellers the not by the buyers and they will always side with the money

Hi I just wanted to show my collection, growing over time... any ideas for non expensive ways to display it?
From left to right and from up to down:

Montefrio brown with gradient
Jury matte with VR28
Jury gray with black iridium polarized
Jury Brown with bronze
Jury distressed gray with ice
Matte felon with grey
Gascan Purple black iridium (this one is super rare)
Gascan matte with warm grey
Gascan polished with amber polarized (also super rare lenses)
Gascan Turtoise with bronze
Gascan Cristal with black iridium (super cool)
Gascan with knockoffs green lenses
Fuel cell matte with VR28 polarized
Monster Pup olive turtoise
Crosshair with VR28
Half X
X Squared
Juliet
XX TIO2
Romeo 1
Warden
Holbrook ruby crystal with emeraldine
Holbrook Shaun white
Holbrook Matte with warm grey
Frogskins purple with red iridium
Spike Matte with VR28
Spike Matte with Titanium Iridium
Bottlecap with polarized black iridium
Fives crystal
Fives Tortoise
Fives rootbeer
Monster Dog with Vr28
Monster dog crystal with black iridium
Monster Pup with tungsten

Again: any ideas on how to display them in a non expensive way?

Any input will be highly apreciatted
Love your Ti02 XX, sexy x-metal. Awesome variety of frames you own! keep it growing!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for sharing with us!
nice collection so far . . . keep an eye on your wallet.
welcome and have fun :cool:

Latest Posts

Back