1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Pretty happy how the big taco 24k polarize lens look on the R1. It has pretty stressful dealing with the Crack issues of R1s.

Dr.Chop cut the lens with grooves in the lens to help prevent the frames from digging into the lens. Now I'm wear the shades with a little less worries!! My R1 Custom Cut Lens.... - uploadfromtaptalk1407276615272.jpg My R1 Custom Cut Lens.... - uploadfromtaptalk1407276624832.jpg My R1 Custom Cut Lens.... - uploadfromtaptalk1407276635842.jpg

QLR1, discostu and mjt42 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

That 24k looks great in those frames!! I alos have custom cut lenses in my R1 to prevent the OEM lenses from further getting cracked.

3. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

Can doc chop do that for me? I just looked up oakley site. They dont have romeo lens anymore, arghhh!

4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

He can but Idk if he will anymore. Nice lenses

5. ptownphil

Any1 else who can and will?:help:

6. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Infinitehero or xmetalmaniac

kronin323 likes this.
  7. ptownphil

And any lenses other than bid taco? Preferably something that comes in violet or emerald iridium? Possibly polarized?

8. Dallas O Hog

that u need to ask them. Out of my league haha

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I hear XMM does excellent work. I've done business with IH and his work was also excellent. He told me he can do custom cuts for all x-metal frames except R2 from BT donors in these colors:

Ruby, ruby polar, Violet Polar, Violet, Em Polar, Chrome, Chrome Polar, Jade, 24k polar, bi, bip, Ice Polar, Tungsten, Fire

So that covers violet polar and emerald polar. And I think he can do others from other donors. You'd have to ask him. He'll source the donors for you, if you want; it's actually easier.

And I'm not knocking XMM; he likely is able to provide at least identical service, though they use different cutting methods. I just haven't done business with him so I can't say either way. But plenty of others have so he must be doing something right...

OXM48 likes this.
  10. ptownphil

Thx for imput. Now i can bid on those romeo i saw on ebay!:agree: Sorry wrong symbol. I thought it was the 'bow down' smiley.