• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Small Collection Of OAKLEY Watches.......

the timebomb is kinetic, and runs a quartz movement. if you have it fully charged, it will last a good 7-8 days... so even if you wear it every other day ONCE IT IS CHARGED it should be fine..wear it a few days in a row to charge it properly. Its not good for the capacitor to be left discharged... spoils the charge capacity.

even if you only wear your other watches once a week, its still better to just leave them to run. that way u dont need to reset the time everytime, and also, some watch systems dont actually save battery with the crown out. the mechanism inside still keeps going, only the gears are disconnected so you dont save any battery at all...

i say let them run..

I don't think a Timebomb will run much longer than a couple of days on a full charge. I have one and that's about as long as it's ever run without wearing. The TB II will only go 38 hours according to the owners manual.

the timebomb is kinetic, and runs a quartz movement. if you have it fully charged, it will last a good 7-8 days... so even if you wear it every other day ONCE IT IS CHARGED it should be fine..wear it a few days in a row to charge it properly. Its not good for the capacitor to be left discharged... spoils the charge capacity.

even if you only wear your other watches once a week, its still better to just leave them to run. that way u dont need to reset the time everytime, and also, some watch systems dont actually save battery with the crown out. the mechanism inside still keeps going, only the gears are disconnected so you dont save any battery at all...

i say let them run..

These are not kinetic. It uses an automatic movement. Can't remember if Ira an era movement or not.

These are not kinetic. It uses an automatic movement. Can't remember if Ira an era movement or not.

ki·net·ic
/kəˈnetik/
Adjective

Of, relating to, or resulting from motion.
(of a work of art) Depending on movement for its effect.

Technically it is.

the TB1 IS kinetic. kinetic in horology terms means a watch that is driven by wrist motion charging a capacitor and that electrical power runs a quartz watch.

the TB2 on the oher hand IS automatic. it runs an eta VALJOUX 7750 movement. by definition, an automatic watch is wrist motion winding a coil spring, driving a FULLY MECHANICAL WATCH. whih the TB1 is NOT.

I don't think a Timebomb will run much longer than a couple of days on a full charge. I have one and that's about as long as it's ever run without wearing. The TB II will only go 38 hours according to the owners manual.

The timebomb is a quartz movement, running off what is basically a rechargeable battery. The upgraded "capacitor" unit (sold as a replacement item if you know where to get it) can run the TB for up to a month from full charge. The original capacitors were rated to up to 12-14 days (its in the TB manual).

again, the TB2 is a fully mechanical watch.. so you cannot compare the movements. The Spring is good for 2 days.. which is decent for a mechanical. The most elite mechanical watches have springs that can run up to 8-12 days... which is amazing, if you consider that its ust a spring unwinding that is driving the watch...

JUST a FYI as well.. The movement in a TB1 is a Seiko Kinetic Drive, one of the Caliber 5M movements.

The movement in the TB2 is an ETA Valjoux 7750... popularly seen in the Tag Heuer Carrera, Omega Speedmaster (James Bond's watch!), some Breitlings, hamiltons etc. its basically the staple movement for mid-higher end automatic watches these days.

Here is picture of Minute Machine on hotel bed. When I get home will take another picture with all 5 on Oakley watch stands.

photo_zps7bd4e90d.jpg

Great collection! Love that Holeshot.

Would you believe I got it from Ovault in Seveirville Tn. during F&F 25% off sale. They told me it was on sale for half off making it 405.00 and 25% off (100.00 off) I got it for 305 plus tax around 335.00 dollars out the door.

Latest Posts

Back