• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Small Collection Of OAKLEY Watches.......

Would you believe I got it from Ovault in Seveirville Tn. during F&F 25% off sale. They told me it was on sale for half off making it 405.00 and 25% off (100.00 off) I got it for 305 plus tax around 335.00 dollars out the door.

Very very SWEET deal! :thumb:

The timebomb is a quartz movement, running off what is basically a rechargeable battery. The upgraded "capacitor" unit (sold as a replacement item if you know where to get it) can run the TB for up to a month from full charge. The original capacitors were rated to up to 12-14 days (its in the TB manual).

again, the TB2 is a fully mechanical watch.. so you cannot compare the movements. The Spring is good for 2 days.. which is decent for a mechanical. The most elite mechanical watches have springs that can run up to 8-12 days... which is amazing, if you consider that its ust a spring unwinding that is driving the watch...

JUST a FYI as well.. The movement in a TB1 is a Seiko Kinetic Drive, one of the Caliber 5M movements.

The movement in the TB2 is an ETA Valjoux 7750... popularly seen in the Tag Heuer Carrera, Omega Speedmaster (James Bond's watch!), some Breitlings, hamiltons etc. its basically the staple movement for mid-higher end automatic watches these days.

TB2 movements are ETA 2824-2 which is also used in the automatic gearbox. The 7750 was only used in the FMJ.

Just at Oakley Vault down in Dawsonville Georgia last week. They had 3 holeshots on bottom shelf on sale. I know the red was 409.00 and they had white and black also not sure of exact price on those. All are the metal bands.

Would you believe I got it from Ovault in Seveirville Tn. during F&F 25% off sale. They told me it was on sale for half off making it 405.00 and 25% off (100.00 off) I got it for 305 plus tax around 335.00 dollars out the door.
I'd kill to only pay 350 for that watch I love that one, got the 10th mountain division hole shot for 350 that's a steal, nice warrant also, for the stealth one and wear it daily, one of my fav

Back