• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Updated IKEA Display Case...w/ lights!

Lights are nice on the sunglasses. I like the DIY array stand from boxes also lol.
Heh, yeah. I figured I'd put the box the X Squared came in to some good use and place the Juliet and Mag Switch on top of it, while both sides were extended outwards to give them each some additional space.

I also did some work on the aluminum stands that you see. I coated the top portion of the stand (the bit that actually has the glasses resting on them) in 2 thin layers of Rust-Oleum rubber coating (gray color, I think it matches super well with the original grey/silver of the aluminum) so that no scratching/markings ever happen :)

I like that improvisation to stack up the boxes in the O-shelf. Kinda fills the void that each shelf offers which does not fill up while using a triple stand.
Looking nice and see the weakness for Icy lenses :)

I like that improvisation to stack up the boxes in the O-shelf. Kinda fills the void that each shelf offers which does not fill up while using a triple stand.
Looking nice and see the weakness for Icy lenses :)
Thanks! Yes that was my goal exactly, to fill in some of the space without making it look too cluttered or leave it too sparse.

And yes, as you can see I love the ice lenses :)

Very nicely displayed. The one I like the most is that awesome XS plasma/Ice. Time to take that sticker off and use those beauties.
Haha! Of course you like those the best...they came from you!

The weather is still pretty meh here in WA so they'll be sitting pretty in the case for the time being. Rest assured pics will follow just as soon as I put them on :)

Back