• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Navy/Red LX ... Wow!

Frogskins That is interesting information. Did he put the LX in regulars frames or Vice Versa? And did he have trouble getting the lenses out of the LX, Since the acetate seems a lot stiffer than the O Matter Frames? And if the LX lenses are wider, is the concern not going to be stretching the O Matter frames, or the regular Frog lenses rattling around in LX frames?

Frogskins That is interesting information. Did he put the LX in regulars frames or Vice Versa? And did he have trouble getting the lenses out of the LX, Since the acetate seems a lot stiffer than the O Matter Frames? And if the LX lenses are wider, is the concern not going to be stretching the O Matter frames, or the regular Frog lenses rattling around in LX frames?

Yea, id like to know too. If the LX lenses are interchangeable both ways. My LX titanium lens is cracked, so not gonna try to pop them out, as im afraid ill break into half Hah

If I recall, he put one of each from each frame. And yes, popping it out from the LX was harder. The LX lens seemed to have more of a curve to it (but I saw that it was polarized, and the polarized lens do in fact have more of a curve then the non-polarized ones.)

Me myself, I'm not gonna mess with the LX and leave as is.

In general, I think although it's not an exact fit (kinda like gen1s to the current frogs,) you can swap lenses.

Hope this helps and if any others try swapping lenses between LX and standard frogs, please chime in with your experience ...

(or visit an O Store and have them try it) :)

Just picked up a pair in the same colorway. Truly a beautiful pair. Best frogs since the old glories last summer Imo