• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need advice from Trail runners or MTB riders

Gixxer

Oakley Beginner
NorCal
Hey guys. I'm looking into upgrading my jawbone lens suited more on trail environments. I'm getting into trail running and if anyone in here have any experiences of specific lens they use for trails. I was looking into Prizm Trail lens but not sure if regular polarized lens will do better or same. I think I currently have jade iridium or maybe emerald iridium, i dont remember, which I have used MTB trail riding a couple of times and it was alright. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I ride with prizm trail in Rx. Beofre I realized I was blind as a bat, I rode VR28 Blue iridium most of the time. The BI or any of those variants flattened out the contours and terrain in the shadows making it harder to navigate.

I would think..........Prizm Trail for trail riding/running. Just cause it's geared towards that but still could be used for other things.

Personally, on a bike, if the trails are the type that go from full sun to full shade, i prefer clear. i've tried various tints, polarized, and non-polarized...G30 if there's a lot of sun and a little shade, clear if it's 50/50.

Thanks guys for giving your 2 cents in. Here is my current setup. I'm not quite sure if I got the emerald or jade iridium; anyone can tell by looking at the picture? And, I also have yellow lens that came with. How much UV protection am I getting out of these yellow lens? I have only used the yellow lens at an outdoor shooting range. So far, I'm leaning on trying out the Prizm Trail.

20160730_040344.jpg
20160730_040320.jpg
20160730_040439.jpg

Perhaps I am the only one who trails rides with photochromic lens in my radar. I find it useful for any weather condition here in Florida.

Back