• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Advice On My Next Purchase

ducatiti

I should Work at Oakley
I currently have an X Squared Plasma with Fire Polarized. I would like to ask for opinions for my next Oakley purchase.

Option # 1:

X Squared Carbon with OO Black Iridium Polarized + extra Ruby Iridium Lens
(I figured I can mix and match all three lenses and two frames I will have on hand. I think I would love the carbon/ruby combination)

Option # 2:

X Squared X-Metal with Ruby Iridium + extra VR28 Polorized Lens

Thank you in advance for your opinions and insights.

I have both the cabon and the x-metal colorway and prefer the x-metal. It tends to match more of my clothes and just commands Oakley attention. I've never tried the OO lenses, but I can say I really like the vr28. Never tried ruby either, but they sound like they would work for me. My vote is x-metal.

I have both the cabon and the x-metal colorway and prefer the x-metal. It tends to match more of my clothes and just commands Oakley attention. I've never tried the OO lenses, but I can say I really like the vr28. Never tried ruby either, but they sound like they would work for me. My vote is x-metal.

Thanks for your opinion. I also heard that the Carbon finish scratches easily exposing the silver color underneath.

I've got the carbon frame and just fitted ruby iridiums in them. They look sick! I think you'll definitely love the combination. The X-Metal frame is next on my list :tongue:.

my vote is your Option # 2: X Squared X-Metal with Ruby Iridium + extra VR28 Polorized Lens.

VR28 are pretty cool lenses and the combination of ruby with x-metal is sweet too . . . try to get the darker ruby's!

Having them all, I like the plasma, x-metal and polished. Carbon are just ok. Give the polished a look, they are pretty sweet!