• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need color suggestions...

871JZ

Oakley Beginner
Need some suggestions for a new color, gentleman. I've got a brand new set of Gascan lenses laying around, along with a new set of icons. Just like most of my spare gun parts that end up turning into complete guns, I decided not to let these sit around collecting dust and ordered a used set of Gascan frames off of eBay.

I currently own two pairs of Cerakoted SI Gascan's. A Desert Sage pair and a Mil-Spec Green pair. Since part of what I do is custom Cerakote work, I ordered the new frames with the intention of coating them.

Since both of the other pairs are earthy type tones, I'd like the new color to kind of fall into line with that theme. Here's the kicker. Whatever color you choose, make sure it'll go well with the Tungsten Iridium lenses I'm using. The icons I have are the polished gunmetal ones. These probably won't go well with the earth tones, so I might end up having to coat those flat black to match the factory SI icons. Too bad I don't know where to get a set of the "5.56mm" icons to continue the theme. :(

So let's hear some ideas for color choices. I'm all ears!

I say that navy battleship grey color... you already have "operator" colors so that grey might blend in nice. Or you could camo print them. Just a thought... I'm not very creative so I'm just throwing stuff up there and see what sticks.

I say that navy battleship grey color... you already have "operator" colors so that grey might blend in nice. Or you could camo print them. Just a thought... I'm not very creative so I'm just throwing stuff up there and see what sticks.

I've thought about some different grey colors. I think the one you're referring to might be Icon Grey. I also like the new Magpul Stealth Grey. It's a flat, non-metallic grey color. The advantage of grey is that the icons might match as they are.

Thanks for the idea. Anyone else have anything?

How about a sniper grey or armor black (both flat non-metallic) frame with burnt bronze or flat dark earth icons to complement the tungsten lenses?

How about a sniper grey or armor black (both flat non-metallic) frame with burnt bronze or flat dark earth icons to complement the tungsten lenses?

That's a good idea, too. Same with the sniper grey. I thought about graphite or cobalt black, but the armor black is a better choice since it's flat, like you said. I'm trying to picture the black frames with FDE icons.

Good ideas so far!

Considered patriot brown with flat black icons, but not sure about brown frames. I think the brown would go well with the Tungsten lenses, but still unsure about wearing brown sunglasses. Lol

If you google "flat dark earth cerakote oakley" a few come up on the images that are graphite black with FDE. Can't seem to upload an image right now. If I did a grey frame, I would do the burnt bronze icons. Would like some pics when you finish the project, whatever you decide!

Considered patriot brown with flat black icons, but not sure about brown frames. I think the brown would go well with the Tungsten lenses, but still unsure about wearing brown sunglasses. Lol

Haha I hear you, but brown frames look good with tungsten. Have a pair of matte brown smoke flak frames with slate earsocks and tungsten lenses. Love the combo, one of my favorites. So patriot brown would look good too IMO.

If you google "flat dark earth cerakote oakley" a few come up on the images that are graphite black with FDE. Can't seem to upload an image right now. If I did a grey frame, I would do the burnt bronze icons. Would like some pics when you finish the project, whatever you decide!

I'll definitely post some pics once they're finished! And I checked out the Google pics and you're right. Those graphite black Fuel Cells with the FDE icons look really clean. Might have to consider going that route.

Haha I hear you, but brown frames look good with tungsten. Have a pair of matte brown smoke flak frames with slate earsocks and tungsten lenses. Love the combo, one of my favorites. So patriot brown would look good too IMO.

You think? I've done a couple custom mixes where I added a little graphite black to patriot brown just to darken it up a tad. Really nice color. Maybe it would look better than I'm imagining. Lol

Back