• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help Deciding On Juliets Purchase.

Will

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone. Will here from Perth Australia.

I have been a fan of the X-Metals for many years and have owned a pair of ruby lens Juliets that I had purchased almost 10 years ago.

The thing is I recently found out that the Juliets have been discontinued (as well as the x-metals in general) and due to this, I am keen to purchase an additional pair so I have two.

I am now deciding whether I should get the Juliet with an X-Metal colored frame or the polished frame one. My favourite frame has always been the x-metal colour scheme and if I had to choose only one it'll be this. But unfortunately, I was googling pictures and the polished Juliet's also look very nice particularly the hammerstems.

So my my questions are as follows:

1) I can get either a polished frame Juliet with fire iridium polarized for $350 or a x-metal Juliet with ruby lens for $400. Both are brand new (according to the seller). Do you think these prices are fair or a rip off?

2) Do the polished frame Juliets all come with hammerstems or is there a risk that I may get a non-hammerstem one? Part of the big appeal of the polished frame for me is the hammerstems.

3) I own a Juliet with x serial number. Is there any difference between this and the newer ruby lens juliets? From the posts I have read, some people say the frames are darker whereas some say the frames are only darker because of oxidation.

4) I am thinking of sending my current ruby lens Juliet for a tune up and then relegating it (or the new one) to display/keepsake only, while I use the other one for frequent wear. Are there any cons and dangers involved in sending it in (e.g. Scratched frames, lost sunglasses and switched serial numbers etc).

5) My Juliets are still pretty tight after all these years but the problem is that the ear stems are a bit lopsided due to years of handling it using my right hand. As a result, it sits a little funny on my ears. Is this something a tune up can rectify?

All feedback and opinion welcomed.

Thanks.

Since you already have an x metal frame get a pair of polished. All the polished ones have the hammer stems. The other option is to get a pair of x metal xx which also have hammer stems. The best of both worlds. Also if the x metal ones with the ruby lens are the new version, the ruby lens does not have the true ruby color the first generation lenses had. There is no comparison with the new and old. We have discussed this in other threads.....

I picked up a pair of polished Juliet's with the fire lens . I've had a pair of X-metal with the ruby lens since 99, and the Infinite hero version for several months . I have been wearing the polished ones every day ,they look very different than the other two, especially with the different stems , and seem to fit me a little better too. I would suggest to get the polished too . They stand out a lot more than the other colors IMO . The problem now is I think I'd like to have a pair of x-squared in the polished frame too. Lol

Hi everyone. Will here from Perth Australia.

I have been a fan of the X-Metals for many years and have owned a pair of ruby lens Juliets that I had purchased almost 10 years ago.

The thing is I recently found out that the Juliets have been discontinued (as well as the x-metals in general) and due to this, I am keen to purchase an additional pair so I have two.

I am now deciding whether I should get the Juliet with an X-Metal colored frame or the polished frame one. My favourite frame has always been the x-metal colour scheme and if I had to choose only one it'll be this. But unfortunately, I was googling pictures and the polished Juliet's also look very nice particularly the hammerstems.

So my my questions are as follows:

1) I can get either a polished frame Juliet with fire iridium polarized for $350 or a x-metal Juliet with ruby lens for $400. Both are brand new (according to the seller). Do you think these prices are fair or a rip off?

2) Do the polished frame Juliets all come with hammerstems or is there a risk that I may get a non-hammerstem one? Part of the big appeal of the polished frame for me is the hammerstems.

3) I own a Juliet with x serial number. Is there any difference between this and the newer ruby lens juliets? From the posts I have read, some people say the frames are darker whereas some say the frames are only darker because of oxidation.

4) I am thinking of sending my current ruby lens Juliet for a tune up and then relegating it (or the new one) to display/keepsake only, while I use the other one for frequent wear. Are there any cons and dangers involved in sending it in (e.g. Scratched frames, lost sunglasses and switched serial numbers etc).

5) My Juliets are still pretty tight after all these years but the problem is that the ear stems are a bit lopsided due to years of handling it using my right hand. As a result, it sits a little funny on my ears. Is this something a tune up can rectify?

All feedback and opinion welcomed.

Thanks.

hay a fellow west aussie! imo get the polished, but try another lens besides the fire. maybe vr28 black..!

Hey guys. Thank you for the comments. Looks like I will have to hunt down the polished fire and xmetal ruby.

By the way, has anyone had problems with their Juliet's ear stems being uneven? I'm wondering if this is an issue with the nose piece or the ears stems itself?

Hey guys. Thank you for the comments. Looks like I will have to hunt down the polished fire and xmetal ruby.

By the way, has anyone had problems with their Juliet's ear stems being uneven? I'm wondering if this is an issue with the nose piece or the ears stems itself?

quite a few pairs have this issue. maybe about 1 in 10. its a misalignment when they drill in the hile for the earstems.. some are worse than others. ive tried to fix some by adjusting the hinge section on the orbital, with mild improvement. because the metal is so strong, it takes alot of force to move the metal to a new position and it can scuff the surface..

Really? I thought maybe it's because I was handling the Juliets on one side.

When I put it in the table flat with the arms extended, the left arm is lifted off the table...not sure if this is a nose bomb issue or an arm issue that I can bend back?

It's not that bad, but definitely slightly noticeable when I'm wearing it as it sits a slight bit tilted in the face.

Don't want to bend the arms only to realize its a nose bomb issue lol.

Guys, any of you here heard of EJ Sunglasses? Are they legit?

take a picture of both arms at the temple shock/jet intake icon. im 99% sure its a misalignment. xmetal is damn strong and it'll take a really determined human, or a mildly bothered hulk to bend them

Will try to snap some pics.

Although I don't think it's a misalignment. I think I know what you're referring too as I've seen some of the pics on these boards that show the jet intake icon/the hole not sitting flush in the recess. Mine sits nicely centered.

I think I'll just leave it as is until I get another Juliet to compare to find out which arm is the dodgy one then maybe I'll bend it.

Back