• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help In Restoring XX Tio2

i4lfox

Oakley Beginner
hello bros..good day....i just wanna know if we have a remedy for repairing the spots that is commonly found in orbitals of XX Tio2 specifically 1st gen...please see image attached for more info

210845651210234924ea80b.jpg

2115041152113285378a9bc.jpg

21084516210344580ab78b6.jpg

as you can see in my images the orbitals have some black spots or blemishes...i just wanna know if we can do something about this.thanks and more power

thanks for the reply Brip..so if i use metal polish or rubbing compound what will happen to the metal?im just curious...does anyone here have sample of the outcome?

Porosity in the casting,kind wondering why they would let that through quality controll.i would think if you polished it out the low spots would still show accentuating the defects.

porosity is not the issue, it is just surface discoloration...
ive seen this before,these are actually small pits in the material,ive looked at them under a 50x scope and the low spots are almost tarnished grey.i say blast em with a very light media then tumble or polish to a plasma finish,thats just me though.but thinkin about it now that may not really solve the problem.

ive seen this before,these are actually small pits in the material,ive looked at them under a 50x scope and the low spots are almost tarnished grey.i say blast em with a very light media then tumble or polish to a plasma finish,thats just me though.
If you can do this you have money coming from me! LOL