• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help In Restoring XX Tio2

what it is ,is the low spots never get any contact from buffing, handling ect.The high spots get contact and polish out,the pits are just the raw Ti color that the buffing wheel couldnt contact .the problem i see is you physically have to remove the high spots to get low enough to blend in with the pits,and thats too much work,if they were mine i would x-metal blast em and you would never see the highs and lows.

well i guess theres nothing i can do...i dont wanna loose the boney white color of the tio2 and certainly don want it to become polished so il stick with this stock status...thanks alot guys...

well i guess theres nothing i can do...i dont wanna loose the boney white color of the tio2 and certainly don want it to become polished so il stick with this stock status...thanks alot guys...

it doesnt look tht bad dude. adds o the character- the gen2's are more boring with the new plasma..

quzazeme.jpg

what it is ,is the low spots never get any contact from buffing, handling ect.The high spots get contact and polish out,the pits are just the raw Ti color that the buffing wheel couldnt contact .the problem i see is you physically have to remove the high spots to get low enough to blend in with the pits,and thats too much work,if they were mine i would x-metal blast em and you would never see the highs and lows.

That does not really explain why you often see whole areas on the inside of the orbitals that are discolored, especially under nosepieces and ear socks. More likely i think its corrosion of the plasma finish caused by sweat, oil etc. The porous surface of gen 1 plasma just makes it easier for salt molecules to get trapped in the low spots where they cannot be cleaned.

Titanium does not corrode...period,thats why they use it inside the body such as pins plates ect and is 100% hypoalergenic.they are discolored in those areas because they dont polish as much in those areas.look closely at a polished pair in those areas....hmmm not as bright,they only spend the time in the areas you can see.

That does not really explain why you often see whole areas on the inside of the orbitals that are discolored, especially under nosepieces and ear socks. More likely i think its corrosion of the plasma finish caused by sweat, oil etc. The porous surface of gen 1 plasma just makes it easier for salt molecules to get trapped in the low spots where they cannot be cleaned.

haha because, my friend, the finish is NOT titanium, or at least pure anyway.. and it DOes discolor from impurities..

o.k maybe some of you are right,we dont know the alloying compound that the oak uses so maybe there is some truth to the disscoloration caused by body salts ect.

well after reading all your thoughts and ideas it made happier and contented with the status of my 1st gen....i guess il just let it be....thanks alot bros....