• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

NEED HELP NOW

• Thread starter Jason M Hensley
  • Start date
No way that was you! Awesome! Now I feel even better than I got them from a forum member. Are they as dark as the usual first gen lenses?

Not me but another forum member and a fellow service member to boot. What you bought were lenses of recent manufacture and the adage "they don't make them like they used to" holds true for lenses.
Interjecting to save everyone some heartache when you get ruby lenses that are more fruby than ruby. You posted that you wanted "Blackhawk Down" lenses which would be ruby and not fruby.
Fruby is what there is unless you go to a store and sort through their lens selection and happen to find one that got more of the purple in the tinting process.
I think that we have fairly beaten that dead horse here but it just seemed like what you were looking for is not what you bought- and that you would not be happy with it.

Not me but another forum member and a fellow service member to boot. What you bought were lenses of recent manufacture and the adage "they don't make them like they used to" holds true for lenses.
Interjecting to save everyone some heartache when you get ruby lenses that are more fruby than ruby. You posted that you wanted "Blackhawk Down" lenses which would be ruby and not fruby.
Fruby is what there is unless you go to a store and sort through their lens selection and happen to find one that got more of the purple in the tinting process.
I think that we have fairly beaten that dead horse here but it just seemed like what you were looking for is not what you bought- and that you would not be happy with it.

Dang, those looked like they were the old ones in the pictures thought, a lot more ruby than fruby. I wonder if he'd let me cancel the order.

It says the seller is tactical ops gear or something, and has over 13,000 feedbacks. Sounds more like a store maybe?

I sent him a message on eBay, would it be too much to ask if you sent him a quick PM or something for me please?
I am sure whoever it is will see it. If its a store then, they probably have someone who monitors the site.

Jason, you are not likely to find a set, not on the general market at least for these lenses. If you do, then they are likely to be priced accordingly, 300-500 for just the lenses. Very rare, if any are left, they are likely in collectors hands. I am going to help you with this process by showing you side by side what the diff is. I have kept it quiet about owning a set for a long time, but want to help you, so you don't go willy nilly, buying items from people and returning them, just cause you don't like the color. Think about how that might affect someone. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure whoever it is will see it. If its a store then, they probably have someone who monitors the site.

Jason, you are not likely to find a set, not on the general market at least for these lenses. If you do, then they are likely to be priced accordingly, 300-500 for just the lenses. Very rare, if any are left, they are likely in collectors hands. I am going to help you with this process by showing you side by side what the diff is. I have kept it quiet about owning a set for a long time, but want to help you, so you don't go willy nilly, buying items from people and returning them, just cause you don't like the color. Think about how that might affect someone. ;)
Ha, you said willy nilly. Thank you very much for the side by side comparison. I figured they may be hard to get ahold of, but didn't figure them to be THIS hard. I'm keeping this thread watched so I can reference your picture if any ever pop up. I might just stay happy with the Juliet's i've got. Besides... I seem to be addicted to Oakley's watches right now anyways...

Thank you again for the pic, everyone on the forum site is so nice and helpful. I hope I can be as helpful somewhere in the future.

Were you able to cancel that order? Hope you did, that would cause alot of unnecessary expense on thier part with shipping costs, seeing you were just going to return them. Good luck with your search. Another idea is too put a WTB thread for them specifically. Be prepared to pay quite alot for them. I wouldn't let mine go for less than 300 or so. Not worth that much at all in my opinion, but I cant get another set either.

If you want that color and you dont care about the collectibility factor and want to wear them, then get a set of these: Contact me if you want these---

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back