• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help - Restoring my Juliet Frame :(

pcliteuser

Oakley Beginner
I was digging to my old stuff and i bumped into my old juliet - if memory serves i think this is the Juliet emerald iridium. do you guys know how to clean this frame? so far the frame is still smooth even if you rub your fingers on the stained area you will not feel any textures at all.

20160827_093227_001.jpg

20160827_093208.jpg

20160827_093309.jpg

oakley juliet plasma emerald iridium sunglasses_5.jpg

Any serial number on the left arm? Those look like gold lenses rather than emerald, so it may have been the Ti/gold model.

At this point, your only option is going to be a complete refinish - @THE X-MAN can help with that. The good news is the frames are tough as anything, so you only need a cosmetic refinish and you should be good to go.

i can't read the serial anymore :(

i gues it says: jio5795o or j1057950

20160827_110317.jpg

20160827_110339.jpg

sorry the image i posted are 2 different orientation coz i can't figure at first which is the correct orientation :)

Last edited:
You have many options. Leave them as they are, some people like the beaten up look or get them re-finished keeping the serial intact. There are several people on the forum, like @jdd32 and @THE X-MAN who will be able to bring them back to their former glory or even new colour combinations.

The frames will outlive us, they just need a little attention now and again. If the nose bridge is loose and in need of some attention. Could get that done at the same time.

Last edited:
That is a Plasma/Ice (1st generation) Juliet and never did look like the last pic you posted (Polished Juliet) If iirc @jdd32 can clean that frame (remove all the black staining) to make it look original again w/o refinishing it and losing the serial number.

Depending on what you want done they can still be refinished.

Like everyone has said. You can leave them as they are or get them worked on as they will last forever.

Do you find them tight to wear? They have 25 temple shocks in - I much prefer 15s. You might find that makes them more comfortable - if they pinch at the temples, definitely be on the lookout for the 15 equivalents.

Back