1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

I already have a plasma emerald R1 and an x-metal ruby R1 so a titanium one would finally complete my collection! I really wanted to start a project and mount an ice lens with blue rubbers but I'm not sure if this colorway would look good on a titanium frame. I know that plasma pairs well with ice and blue rubbers so that's a given... Only thing is if I do that then I would have to switch around lenses and rubbers.

The next issue then is would titanium pair well with emerald and green rubbers? See my dilemma? I really love my pairing right now and was hoping that titanium and ice would match but don't have an idea if they would. I tried googling around but couldn't find pictures of this combo (maybe because they don't work together). If you guys have suggestions then I'm all ears as well. If you also have a suggestion with switching around then please let me know. Thanks everyone! :)

Ultimate-O likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

I would think fire iridium or VR28 BIP would work well. I've not really researched the color options for the rubbers though.

rex360hype likes this.
  3. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I have tungsten in my titanium R1 with rootbeer rubbers and it works very well.

discostu and rex360hype like this.
  4. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I'd be included to agree with the above advice. The titanium, if not a later gen would not lend itself too easily with a bright lens. The Browns will be your best bet - Gold, Bronze, tungsten, Titanium (if possible) are the way to go with this frame base. Keep it subtle :)

5. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Totally agree with Stu, Oakley paired brown(ish) lenses with these for good reason. I have gold in one Ti Juliet and titanium in the other.

rex360hype and discostu like this.
  6. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

Thanks guys... Titanium and bronze or tungsten sounds like a winner to me.

Ultimate-O and discostu like this.
  7. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

Absolutley agreed as the other said : Titanium, Bronze or Tungsten are the best choice

rex360hype and discostu like this.
  8. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

The only other possibilities may be either a G30 lens, which could work well or a combination which has been done before on the 'sports' released models to athletes, Persimmon.

YakuzaFloralGangsta likes this.
  9. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

excellent idea, I believe that looks nice ont the Romeo TI Frame ;)

discostu likes this.