• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help with an R1 project: Which color of lens would titanium pair well with?

rex360hype

I should Work at Oakley
TX
I already have a plasma emerald R1 and an x-metal ruby R1 so a titanium one would finally complete my collection! I really wanted to start a project and mount an ice lens with blue rubbers but I'm not sure if this colorway would look good on a titanium frame. I know that plasma pairs well with ice and blue rubbers so that's a given... Only thing is if I do that then I would have to switch around lenses and rubbers.

The next issue then is would titanium pair well with emerald and green rubbers? See my dilemma? I really love my pairing right now and was hoping that titanium and ice would match but don't have an idea if they would. I tried googling around but couldn't find pictures of this combo (maybe because they don't work together). If you guys have suggestions then I'm all ears as well. If you also have a suggestion with switching around then please let me know. Thanks everyone! :)

I would think fire iridium or VR28 BIP would work well. I've not really researched the color options for the rubbers though.

I'd be included to agree with the above advice. The titanium, if not a later gen would not lend itself too easily with a bright lens. The Browns will be your best bet - Gold, Bronze, tungsten, Titanium (if possible) are the way to go with this frame base. Keep it subtle :)

The only other possibilities may be either a G30 lens, which could work well or a combination which has been done before on the 'sports' released models to athletes, Persimmon.

Latest Posts

Back