1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kyle_2012

kyle_2012 Oakley Beginner

Hey guys,
    So I have decided I am going to pick up a pair of custom flak jackets with the carbon fiber print. My question to you guys is what lens color would look good with it? I am thinking of just putting black earsocks on them and wanted your input into lens colors. I like darker lens, doesn't matter about neutral or contrast, and I am going to get polarized if they are available. Any input you could provide would be great (or if anybody has any pics of their carbon fiber print frames if they would be willing to post them)! Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Black/Emerald/Ice all look good in Carbon Fiber. If there are a couple things you'd like to see I might have a few minutes to snap some pics for you.

3. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

I would think Ruby would look amazing (if that's an available option-I don't know if it is). That with red rubber? Whew. That would be a hot race insipred theme.

4. kyle_2012

Could you snap black iridium or ice iridium into a carbon fiber frame? I would like fire or ruby, but my eyes cannot tolerate those colors very well. What are your thoughts on titanium polarized or VR28 BIP?

5. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

I don't see why not. It's O-Matter, just like any other Flak frame.
    Can you even get Titanium Pol for the Flak? Never seen it. VR28 BIP is a great tint, though.

6. kyle_2012

Sorry, I should have made that last post more clear. Oakster..could you snap a black iridium lense into a carbon fiber frame and take a picture of it? And Mr. Moonlight you are correct about the Titanium iridium polarized...I must have been thinking about the Kevin VanDam signature series and thought Titanium iridium polarized was offered as an option.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

white rubbers and slate lenses

8. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I don't have the flak but the I have the radar carbon fiber with the range black iridium polarized , looks awesome.

9. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

If they have polarized fire, get that! I had a pair of half jackets with carbon fiber and FIP lenses, and they looked badass!

10. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

Need Help With Custom Color Combination - c930d864.jpg
    This is my set up of my flak jacket. Sorry the pic was taken with my iphone. White rubbers with black iridium lenses and polished chrome 'o'

OakleyGuru379 likes this.