• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help With Custom Color Combination

kyle_2012

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,
So I have decided I am going to pick up a pair of custom flak jackets with the carbon fiber print. My question to you guys is what lens color would look good with it? I am thinking of just putting black earsocks on them and wanted your input into lens colors. I like darker lens, doesn't matter about neutral or contrast, and I am going to get polarized if they are available. Any input you could provide would be great (or if anybody has any pics of their carbon fiber print frames if they would be willing to post them)! Thanks!

Black/Emerald/Ice all look good in Carbon Fiber. If there are a couple things you'd like to see I might have a few minutes to snap some pics for you.

I would think Ruby would look amazing (if that's an available option-I don't know if it is). That with red rubber? Whew. That would be a hot race insipred theme.

Could you snap black iridium or ice iridium into a carbon fiber frame? I would like fire or ruby, but my eyes cannot tolerate those colors very well. What are your thoughts on titanium polarized or VR28 BIP?

Could you snap black iridium or ice iridium into a carbon fiber frame?
I don't see why not. It's O-Matter, just like any other Flak frame.
I would like fire or ruby, but my eyes cannot tolerate those colors very well. What are your thoughts on titanium polarized or VR28 BIP?
Can you even get Titanium Pol for the Flak? Never seen it. VR28 BIP is a great tint, though.

Sorry, I should have made that last post more clear. Oakster..could you snap a black iridium lense into a carbon fiber frame and take a picture of it? And Mr. Moonlight you are correct about the Titanium iridium polarized...I must have been thinking about the Kevin VanDam signature series and thought Titanium iridium polarized was offered as an option.

If they have polarized fire, get that! I had a pair of half jackets with carbon fiber and FIP lenses, and they looked badass!

c930d864.jpg

This is my set up of my flak jacket. Sorry the pic was taken with my iphone. White rubbers with black iridium lenses and polished chrome 'o'

Back