• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help With My Square Wire...

tnt106

Oakley Beginner
Hello...my name is Tanto from Indonesia. Few weeks ago I just bought a pair new oakley square wire sunglasses from internet. I wonder if it's real or not... I hope somebody can tell me about that...

This is the image of my square wire

This is the image of the box

I would love it if someone could tell me about it, and u can email me at boe_doet5@yahoo.com.
Best regrads... Tanto Jakarta Indonesia

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are not authentic. I've seen a number of eBay auctions with that "MPH" on the label (the sellers even put it in the listing title) and I thought that was weird and suspected they were fakes. On yours a couple things jump out that disclose a fake. 1) the lettering on the earstems isn't Oakley lettering...its different 2) Oakley doesn't make those color earsocks for the Square Wire 3) where the earstems/frame meets the left side of the left lens is really bad manufacturing to my eye.

I not so sure those are fake. Oakley does put MPH (which stands for Mr. Potato Head, there is a thead on this) on glasses that have been made from spare parts. I have a pair of Montefrios I purchased from oakleyvault.com that has MPH on the label. Yes, the lettering on the eartems looks a bit suspect, but the lettering that is under the earsock looks authentic. I'm not sure what ucdavis means that the earsocks are the wrong color, they look to be black and that is the right color. As far as the "manufactuing flaw" is concerned I think it is just the lighting in the photo. A few more photos of the glasses would definitely help. I don't know what you paid for them, but price is usually a good indication too.

I not so sure those are fake. Oakley does put MPH (which stands for Mr. Potato Head, there is a thead on this) on glasses that have been made from spare parts. I have a pair of Montefrios I purchased from oakleyvault.com that has MPH on the label. Yes, the lettering on the eartems looks a bit suspect, but the lettering that is under the earsock looks authentic. I'm not sure what ucdavis means that the earsocks are the wrong color, they look to be black and that is the right color. As far as the "manufactuing flaw" is concerned I think it is just the lighting in the photo. A few more photos of the glasses would definitely help. I don't know what you paid for them, but price is usually a good indication too.

Okay....something I need to read up on. The earsock on the RIGHT earstem...its silver/gray....that's not the metal, that's the earsock. Better pictures would help.

Thank u for ur opinion... i will upload new pictures ASAP for u to take a look.... Sorry for my poor english...

Not certain, but i believe those ARE AUTHENTIC. MPH is a line sold at vault stores. The box label appears correct as do the markings on the eartems.

Here is more pics of my square wire...

img5959o.jpg

Back