1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SpeedBallDEVIL

SpeedBallDEVIL Oakley Beginner

Hey I just bought these lenses for my Flak Jackets and I'm having trouble with fitment. Item Number - 330799055481

Need Help With Recent Lens Purchase! - FlakJacketPolarized.jpg

I have standard and polarized lenses already that are XLJ's and they fit fine, you really have to apply a decent amount of force to snap them in place. However, these "standard shaped polarized lenses" don't snap in with nearly the same amount of force. I can click them in place with two fingers, whereas I need to use my palm for the XLJ's.

How can I tell if they are authentic. Both my other polarized lenses have the OAKLEY engraved on the outside of the lens but these have it engraved on the inside... is this normal?

Thanks in advance!
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Staff Member Premium Member Lifetime Member

First.....I hope your other lens have "polarized" etched on the lens and not "Oakley".. Also it is common to see some of the polarized half/flak jackets with the etching on the inside of the lens....They look authentic, but they may have been installed and removed a few times which can wear that edge a bit and be easier to snap in and out. I have also seen some lenses be a bit harder to do as the lens is just a bit longer on the tab , making it a little harder to get in.....
  3. InfiniteHero

InfiniteHero Entrepreneur Premium Member

Exactly what Xmetalmaniac posted. All normal
  4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Are you flexing the frame as well, or just forcing the lenses in?