• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help With Recent Lens Purchase!

SpeedBallDEVIL

Oakley Beginner
Hey I just bought these lenses for my Flak Jackets and I'm having trouble with fitment. Item Number - 330799055481

FlakJacketPolarized.jpg

I have standard and polarized lenses already that are XLJ's and they fit fine, you really have to apply a decent amount of force to snap them in place. However, these "standard shaped polarized lenses" don't snap in with nearly the same amount of force. I can click them in place with two fingers, whereas I need to use my palm for the XLJ's.

How can I tell if they are authentic. Both my other polarized lenses have the OAKLEY engraved on the outside of the lens but these have it engraved on the inside... is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

First.....I hope your other lens have "polarized" etched on the lens and not "Oakley".. Also it is common to see some of the polarized half/flak jackets with the etching on the inside of the lens....They look authentic, but they may have been installed and removed a few times which can wear that edge a bit and be easier to snap in and out. I have also seen some lenses be a bit harder to do as the lens is just a bit longer on the tab , making it a little harder to get in.....

Back