• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help With X-Metals

fretburner79

O-Educator
Hey guys, can anyone point me toward a thread for general info on X-Metals? I'd like to see breakdowns of models, serial # info, etc. I keep seeing abbreviations like R1, XX, etc and haven't a clue what they mean.

I've tried the links posted here, but the links are broken.

Basic Oakley Info - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING | Oakley Forum

I've picked up (2) pairs of Juliets on C'slist this week and since I'm new to the X-Metals, I'd like to get some info on them.

Thanks!

you may want to have a look at another much respected oakley website; o-review.com

heres a link to the sunglasses database - x-metals can be found in the list on the left hand side.
O-Review

all other oakley products are also listed within the database.

for an explanation of x-metal serial numbers you need to look here

O-Review

hope this helps - and welcome to the forum!

you may want to have a look at another much respected oakley website; o-review.com

heres a link to the sunglasses database - x-metals can be found in the list on the left hand side.
O-Review

all other oakley products are also listed within the database.

for an explanation of x-metal serial numbers you need to look here

O-Review

hope this helps - and welcome to the forum!
mjt42, this is perfect..thanks a ton!
]

Thanks Valkie, what's the difference in a Romeo 1 vs. a Romeo 2? Editions?

Completely different frames that share the "Romeo" name. In many ways, the R2 is like the (unfortunate? haha) offspring of a Juliet and a Half-X.

Maybe it was cross marketing that drove the shared naming. R1 frames were in Mission Impossible, R2 frames were in a later Mission Impossible. He wore wind jackets in the latest Mission Impossible "Ghost whatever".

Completely different frames that share the "Romeo" name. In many ways, the R2 is like the (unfortunate? haha) offspring of a Juliet and a Half-X.

Maybe it was cross marketing that drove the shared naming. R1 frames were in Mission Impossible, R2 frames were in a later Mission Impossible. He wore wind jackets in the latest Mission Impossible "Ghost whatever".

ROMEO1 was in mission impossible 2... what was ROMEO2 in? I sure didnt spot it in the mission impossible series... did i miss it?

Very interesting. It seems like the Juliet is mostly what I hear about or see for sale. Did they just not make as many of the others, or are they more sought after?

ROMEO1 was in mission impossible 2... what was ROMEO2 in? I sure didnt spot it in the mission impossible series... did i miss it?

Maybe I imagined it! I thought it was Romeo 2 in the John Woo motorcycle scene. Thank you for correcting my misremembering.

Back