• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Info On The Jupiter Squared

luddy2009

Oakley Beginner
I've been "jonesing" for a pair of of the Jupiter Squared. However, I don't have any stores or dealers around that have them in stock to try them on. So, how do they compare in size to the Fuel Cells and the Big Taco/ Offshoot? I have a little bit wider head and the Fuel Cell is a little on the tight side but, I like the way they fit. The Big Taco and Offshoot seem to be perfect for my head and face; it's like Oakley measured me for those frames.

Anyway, if you all could help me out a little bit on the sizing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Well, that's unfortunate. I really like those too.... guess I'll have to find something else to "get my fix." Any suggestions as to what would look good with Positive Red Iridium?

If Taco offshoot are for you I would stay away. Its smaller.

Really depends on your head shape. I can wear both the Offshoot and JS.

You're best and only way to really know would be to try them on.

5841ED6F-4D7B-45FA-8E40-5FD57662A6B9-4790-0000012456CF96E8_zps7a71bf1e.jpg

2C7AEF70-3314-4862-B36E-5E8CFC943F56-7409-000002E97421325A.jpg

Ok, well I guess I'm just off to find a store somewhere. Thanks for the pictures bad fishy!!

I agree with Fishy.
The JS benefits from very lightweight and flexible earstems, so you might find them snug, but not tight. Probably "just right".

I have a wider head, so the Big Taco fits me, but I have tried the JS on and they are not a bad fit. I would consider buying a pair if I found a really good deal on one, but I'm in no rush.

Ok, I found a local store that had a few different models but, not the Jupiter Squared. So, I have some more comparisons; if it helps out getting some advice, I'll try it.

1. The Holbrook fits nicely but the curve in the stems are a little short to fit over my ear. (Not really a problem with the JS I'm guessing)
2. The Crankcase is just too small (width wise) for my face.
3. Again, the Big Taco, Offshoot, Fives Squared, Fuel Cell, and Scalpel all fit me well.

Ok, thanks guys. Sorry to keep bringing this topic to the top of the boards. Thanks Hebsley, this newbie appreciates the patience.

Back