1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

I just picked up an Inmate from the bay. It is in good shape but the lenses are shot. I contacted Oakley and they informed me they have a few colors left in stock but i would need to send them in to have lenses replaced as there were 2 different releases for the inmate.

Here is the question. They have either VR28 black iridium, VR28 Black iridium polarized, warm grey and dark grey in stock. But not all colors available for both inmates released. Now I have never seen the VR28 in person so I can't decide which to go for. I got this frame as a casual aviator style with dark lenses to wear for dress up and such. Any thoughts on a selection? The frame color is the "light" I believe its called.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

VR28 BIP. I my opinon is a great all around lens nice to look through. That's what I would go for.

spin_nin likes this.
  3. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

Ditto. VR28 BIP just makes the world look better. Nice warming tint and sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly

4. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

If its available for my style it's the most costly at $90ish. If it's not available then a second choice??

I prefer lenses that people can't see your eyes, does the VR28 BI or BIP fit that bill?

These had regular BIP in them which i would prefer but it's not available b

5. da_nige

Personally if they didn't have the VR28BIP I'd get the VR28 black.

Both VR28BIP and VR28 black hide your eyes so no issue there

6. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Am I correct that these have a "brown" base tint to them? Or a brown "look"?

7. da_nige

Yeah you're right on both counts but they're not a muddy brown to look through. They are much more pleasant than say Fire or Bronze in my eyes. What other lenses do you have and I may be able to say what they're closest to

8. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Fire, Ruby,BI, emerald, jade,warm gray, violet and maybe another or 2

9. da_nige

I'd say most like Fire or Violet but nowhere near as yellow. I know there is the lens tint sim on Oakley site but if you want I can take some pics thru the VR28BI, violet, fire and BIP tomorrow morning when it's light outside.

10. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Love to see some shots through the VR28 if you dont mind.