• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Lens Help

No problem I'll do it tomorrow because its dark again here!

I think it would be best to do comparison shots so I will do naked eye, VR28 Black and any others you like. I have all the lenses you mentioned apart from warm grey and jade so let me know what you want me to do.

About to upload some shots separated by post with lens and see through shot.
The three different lenses that I have are
VR28P in the polished black Split jacket 16%
VR28BI red split jacket 14% also 18% in a older print sheet
VR28BIP Radar Carbon Infinite hero 10%

Edited for Lens Tint transmission profiles.
The newer lenses have changed base material and from what I've noticed this has changed their transmission rates. At least as it is printed from a warranty sheet from a couple of different years of glasses.

DSC05586_zps72a5b47e.jpg

DSC05598_zpsb7bd6b90.jpg

Last edited:
This is through the Radar frame. The lens color may be different from another persons pics so this is just a base line of what I took to judge from.
I find that this lens base is a very rose color. The first time I'd worn them it took some getting used too.

DSC05592_zpse12d48b5.jpg

DSC05588_zps77ea8864.jpg

After getting these I have actually started to wear them a lot. Very comfortable for daily use, But if in extremely bright conditions It loose it's effectiveness for me.

DSC05593_zps2327abeb.jpg

DSC05589_zps59a6be0e.jpg

I haven't used this lens a lot as I just got it. The couple of times that I have was overcast and raining. With the polarized it covered well while not being overly dark.

DSC05594_zps2f46baf9.jpg

DSC05600_zpsb48c3a21.jpg

Thanks for the help there. What lenses are in the radar?

Also the VR28 BI; can others see through and see your eyes?

Although @keptman has already done some shots I said I'd do some too so here they are. Conditions aren't ideal. Dull, windy and a bit snowy. These were taken out my window so excuse the blurry water on the window. All settings are the same for every shot (exposure, WB etc). The only difference is I put the Oakley lens in front of the camera lens. As I said earlier you can't see your eyes through VR28BI. The only time you can a wee bit is if the light comes from the edges and its a rimless frame but I find thats the same with any lens. Its definitely more mirrored the OO Red or G30 etc

No lens

Nolens_zpse49638ee.jpg

VR28BI

VR28BI_zpsaa8c0cf1.jpg

Fire

Fire_zps1095fd2a.jpg

BIP

BIP_zpsbebf6ef2.jpg

Hope these help

Violet vs. VR28 BIP
fcih95bd.jpg

VR28 BIP vs. BIP