• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need New Rubbers For My Oakley Romeo 2

reginacarmelitas

Oakley Beginner
East Coast
I recently acquired an old Romeo 2 from Ebay. However, it doesn't have any serial number or any marking at all on the earstems. Is this normal?

Also, the rubbers need to be replaced but there is none available on Ebay (well, there is one but he is selling it for $149. Yikes!). Any idea where I can get those much needed rubbers? Even aftermarket rubbers should be okay. I am desperate!

Please help. Thanks.

His rubbers are a bit soft than oem and takes about a month to arrive. But if you are really desperate, waiting time should be okay. :)

His rubbers are a bit soft than oem and takes about a month to arrive. But if you are really desperate, waiting time should be okay. :)

Is that right? That's okay, I really am desperate for those rubbers and so I purchased it from him on Ebay. Thanks for the heads up, though.

In the meantime, the hunt goes on for OEM Romeo 2 rubbers.

Does anyone know the answer to this question: I recently acquired an old Romeo 2 from Ebay. However, it doesn't have any serial number or any marking at all on the earstems. Is this normal?

Thanks guys.

Does anyone know the answer to this question: I recently acquired an old Romeo 2 from Ebay. However, it doesn't have any serial number or any marking at all on the earstems. Is this normal?

Thanks guys.

Yes, that's normal. It freaked me out the first time too. There are no markings on R2's.

Is that right? That's okay, I really am desperate for those rubbers and so I purchased it from him on Ebay. Thanks for the heads up, though.

In the meantime, the hunt goes on for OEM Romeo 2 rubbers.
Yep, bought romeo 1 gaskets with this gentleman located in Brazil and took about a month to arrive and the rubbers are like manually cut from somewhere. Not the best fitting in my opinion but would make your frames functional. Between linegear and this guy, I would rather get linegear. But for Romeo 2 unfortunately linegear do not have the rubbers yet.

I recently acquired an old Romeo 2 from Ebay. However, it doesn't have any serial number or any marking at all on the earstems. Is this normal?

Also, the rubbers need to be replaced but there is none available on Ebay (well, there is one but he is selling it for $149. Yikes!). Any idea where I can get those much needed rubbers? Even aftermarket rubbers should be okay. I am desperate!

Please help. Thanks.

I managed to get a full set 2 weeks ago from Oakley-Europe by phoning them. Always more available than is displayed online. Worth a try

Back