1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. reginacarmelitas

reginacarmelitas Oakley Beginner

I recently acquired an old Romeo 2 from Ebay. However, it doesn't have any serial number or any marking at all on the earstems. Is this normal?

Also, the rubbers need to be replaced but there is none available on Ebay (well, there is one but he is selling it for $149. Yikes!). Any idea where I can get those much needed rubbers? Even aftermarket rubbers should be okay. I am desperate!

Please help. Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

3. reginacarmelitas

4. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

His rubbers are a bit soft than oem and takes about a month to arrive. But if you are really desperate, waiting time should be okay. :)

5. reginacarmelitas

Is that right? That's okay, I really am desperate for those rubbers and so I purchased it from him on Ebay. Thanks for the heads up, though.

In the meantime, the hunt goes on for OEM Romeo 2 rubbers.

6. reginacarmelitas

Does anyone know the answer to this question: I recently acquired an old Romeo 2 from Ebay. However, it doesn't have any serial number or any marking at all on the earstems. Is this normal?

Thanks guys.

7. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Yes, that's normal. It freaked me out the first time too. There are no markings on R2's.

8. reginacarmelitas

Thank goodness! I'm glad I didn't get duped! Thanks, pal.

9. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Yep, bought romeo 1 gaskets with this gentleman located in Brazil and took about a month to arrive and the rubbers are like manually cut from somewhere. Not the best fitting in my opinion but would make your frames functional. Between linegear and this guy, I would rather get linegear. But for Romeo 2 unfortunately linegear do not have the rubbers yet.

10. Bakesy

Bakesy Oakley Beginner

I managed to get a full set 2 weeks ago from Oakley-Europe by phoning them. Always more available than is displayed online. Worth a try