• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Opinions From FEARGEAR & The Other Purple Juliet Owner On Authenticity!!!

Yeah the pins are what got me questioning the authenticity... Hopefully some others can chime in... I was under the impression only a handful existed... Maybe 5 max, but who knows... Would be cool to have a thread check in...

My thoughts are that QC was experimenting with different colorways... Mine has gold, yours look Polished and the other one looks to have Plasma.....so that's 3 different pin colors in 3 different pairs....

xmetalmaniac is right. the coating is not a industry secret and can be done. oakley contracts a company to do their x metal coating for them. the original coatings were nickel plating. the current one is ziconium based pvd coating.

The thing that srtikes me as vastly different than mine is that these look to have been used before a process was applied. Mine are new, no imperfections like these and I doubt that they would have used a seconds pair as suggested or a used pair to create something as a prototype. The rivets are not an issue as people are referring to because there were different colors used in trying to see what worked best. I was told that there were two made, could there have been a third? I guess only the people standing there at the time of creation can answer that... People have asked why I kept mine a secret for so long, well now you have your answer because once someone sees something that is not available to them they will try to replicate it. The process is not impossible to complete as many have said, but it takes something special and calls into question the authenticity of the original. While I can appreciate that people want to obtain such a rare piece by creating it what your actually doing is ruining it.

Do I know for sure these are not legit? NO!
But what I do know is that I was told when I got mine years ago that there were "2" pairs created, seems kinda hinky now that a pair hit the open market that others have started sprouting up dont it??? Enough said...

Well I will post a few pics when they arrive... Should be here in a week or 2, damn shipping to Australia... Talked to the seller some more and worked out a deal I couldn't pass up... Fingers crossed!!!

Here they are guys....arrived Monday but had to wait until today to pick them up from the PO! Talk about killing the patience! They're beautiful!

e4utu4us.jpg

ade5yzu7.jpg

nasaguqe.jpg

dejenuve.jpg

Now it's really killing me waiting for mine to arrive... What's your take on them??? The nose pins look silver to me, maybe just the lighting? They look awesome bro!!!

Latest Posts

Back