1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jaychief

Jaychief Oakley Beginner

Hi, Every one
    I am after some advice on a pair of Oakley sunglasses I bought a few years ago. I bought a pair of Juliet sunglases from Newyork in 2005 but thats all I remember !!! I only wear frog skins now and there great.
    I found these in my glove box of my car and thought I dont wear them I will sell them looked on ebay and could not believe how much they were!!! any information would be greatful!!
    Cheers
    j
    Need some advice on my Oakleys!! - FullSizeRender.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jaychief

Jaychief Oakley Beginner

There is also a number on the arm if that helps :JE059284B
    Thanks again !!!

3. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

That's a nice pair. You need to be a member here for two weeks and have have a certain number of post before u can sell here though. I'm sure once u get to that point, they will sell easily. Btw welcome aboard.

4. OakleyFreak

OakleyFreak RIP RoTors

Thats a 3rd gen with emerald lens
    Worth more if you find the box and coin
    And to get tooo mesmerized with e bay prices
    Look fro what they actually sell for

If there is a lot of play in the nose bridge it will need a tune up
    Are the lens scratched at all? that will take away the value as well.
    If no scratches and nose bridge tight
    No box no coin about $250 to $275 to the right buyer

5. Jaychief

Jaychief Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the replies, yes there is a bit off play in the nose area!! And there is a small scratch on on one of the lenses.
    I no longer wear them and wear my frogs skins so will probably put on the for sale section

6. Jaychief

Jaychief Oakley Beginner

Do you think it would be worth getting the Juliet serviced before selling them ?

7. aaronm2880

aaronm2880 Oakley Enthusiast

Probably because they will be worth more. It will cost around $50 to have them tightened though.
    Get with THE X-MAN. He is a member on here that will have your juliets looking new.

8. MyNameJeff

MyNameJeff Oakley Beginner

I don't know if you live near one, but Oakley HQs have fully equipped Customer Service departments capable of tightening your frames up. Brought my Juliets in to get the lenses swapped, and they tightened the hinges and cleaned the frame. No charge.

9. Jaychief

Jaychief Oakley Beginner

Thanks every one, I have contated Oakley UK who said they would "Tune Up" for £27.50. If I get this done how much would I get for them ??? I have looked for the coin but am unable to find it.....
    Cheers
    J

10. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Depends on how bad the scratch is, emerald lenses aren't the easiest to find. Freshly tuned, bag only and if the scratch is superficial, you can reckon on £175 or so. Oakley will replace all the rubber when they do the tune up too.

Jaychief likes this.