• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Advice on Romeo 2's

It appears everyone has answered your questions and I would agree with the previous advise.The X-man should be able to handle the frame. I just wanted to say :welcome: and great Father's Day gift!

I joined back then because I was considering doing this for Christmas and I had also been using the site to research about Oakley watches. But then he ended up wanting something else for Christmas and any time I would think about asking something, I could usually find the answer by poking around for a bit.
The search bar strikes again!

Good thing you're doing for Father's Day. I'll show this to my wife!

When you get ready for E Wire lenses, I got you covered. I have new OEM ones.

Great idea for a Fathers Day present, or any present to be honest ! I'm sure he will be thrilled to be back rocking his R2 ;):dance2:

Impressive to hear that you've actually searched for answers. Most GUYS that join don't even bother and just start posting threads asking the same question over and over. Oh wait....YOURE NOT A GUY!!!! There's the answer RIGHT THERE!!!! :D
Nope, not even close! Maybe a little bit of a tomboy at times (I used to race motocross and yes, I only wore Oakley goggles!), but even then I'm still 100% girl. ;)

@SiRacer420, thanks! That would be awesome! Mine are the gold colored frames and gold lenses. Everything is actually in really good shape, just somehow one of the lenses has a hairline/shatter type break all through it.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and compliments! I'm really excited that this is going to come together so easily. I have tried to get him to pick out new sunglasses several times over the past year. Initially he would look some and then just shrug, but now he just says he liked his R2's when I bring it up.

Nope, not even close! Maybe a little bit of a tomboy at times (I used to race motocross and yes, I only wore Oakley goggles!), but even then I'm still 100% girl. ;)

@SiRacer420, thanks! That would be awesome! Mine are the gold colored frames and gold lenses. Everything is actually in really good shape, just somehow one of the lenses has a hairline/shatter type break all through it.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and compliments! I'm really excited that this is going to come together so easily. I have tried to get him to pick out new sunglasses several times over the past year. Initially he would look some and then just shrug, but now he just says he liked his R2's when I bring it up.
Are you SURE you're 100% girl? ;)

Cause there's ways to find out. :rofl:

I'll probably be around more now. I have some old E-wires that I'd like to track down lenses for and my Juliet's could use new lenses. Plus my Remedy's met an untimely demise this weekend and are now at the bottom of a lake. :( So I'll probably be researching a replacement soonish (first I want the R2's back in commission). And I am positively infatuated with the watches. Someday I will own a small Icon with either the pink or lavender face (plus a couple other watches that are on my bucket list).
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the restoration, although it looks like you are on the right track now.

I am sorry about the untimely demise of your Remedy's. "Lakes" and large expanses of water appear to be one of Oakleys natural predators from reading through threads on here. I sympathise as I too have lost a pair of Oakleys recently, although on this occasion no water involved.

And we NEVER saw her again!
Nah, I used to work at motorcycle dealerships. Y'all are pretty tame so far. However, that's not a challenge. (Yeah, I'm totally looking at you as I type that, Mr. Vlad the Impaler.)

I just realized I never really followed up on this. Sorry, everyone has been sick here. I'm the last and slowest to get better.
He was getting a little fussed about me constantly talking about buying all sorts of X-Metals (and showing him lenses, frames, etc) to replace my Remedy's, so I broke down and told him what I was really up to.
He's excited to say the least! I'm sending them off tomorrow, so I'll post pictures of them once I get them back. (They could have and should have gone out sooner, but I've kind of been a slug lately.)

Thanks again for all of your help!