• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need some help choosing glasses for a fat head

jaymike

Oakley Beginner
A bit of a backstory first. I purchased a pair of Juliets back in '03 or '04 from a non-kiosk store in Tyson's II, which is/was an upscale Mall in N. Va. It took me a lot of trying on at various stores to finally find a pair to fit my enormous head(my hat size is 8 - 8 1/2 depending on the brand) and fell in love with the Juliets. Until 2 years ago I never put another pair of Juliets on my head but at a BBQ someone else had a pair and we struck up a conversation. After a while I thought something was a bit off with his and sure enough I tried them on to find out they were entirely to small for my face. This sparked up a debate as to who had the fakes but they were both old pairs, purchased at a Sunglasses Hut type store and were still in near mint condition despite being nearly 10 years old at the time. A few months later I had a near repeat of the same conversation with another person and I was able to really examine the difference and it was as if mine were a perfect copy of his at about 120% the size. I now accept they were fake(for reasons below), but like I said I bought them in a retail store at a higher end shopping mall and the build quality was tremendous, showing very little wear after 11 years so discovering they weren't genuine came as a shock.

Well at the end of last summer I finally made a fatal error by wearing my glasses on the boat and then jumping into the water with them resting on my head. 99.9% of the time I have cheap glasses that don't matter if they are lost or damaged however now there's likely a stylin catfish swimming around rural Kentucky. I have since emailed Oakley who all but confirmed that what I was describing were indeed fake because I was told they did not make Juliets in different sizes. So now that summer is approaching I'm in the market for a new pair however where I live now there's not much in the way of shopping and the limited supply of Oakley I have found are all way too tight.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice or insight on what model(s) would be good for a head of my size I am partial to a full frame and do like the look of the Badman but I cannot locate a pair anywhere to try the fit.

Last edited:
@QLR1 ?

Big Taco
Offshoot
Turbine Rotor
Turbine
Yes?

Yes to all your suggestions, Lexkempo.

Badman
Sliver
Jawbreaker
Radar Range
Perhaps a Carbon Shift.

@jaymike, try doing a search, lots of threads talk about this very subject. Also, peruse the stickied "what Oakleys Are You Wearing Today" thread.

Sent from a telephone.

Juliet's at %120 the size...

You may very well be describing the XX ( X Metal) they are basically overized Juliet's.

Check out the X Metal exchange forum.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Agreed, first thing I thought when I saw 120% the size.

After researching what you all suggested that's EXACTLY what I had. I always thought they were Juliets. I'm very surprised that after a lengthy email exchange with Oakley descriptions much more detailed than I posted here the conclusion was they were very good knock-offs. Now that I know they did exist and what to look for I will definitely be keeping an eye on the exchange. Thank you very much, folks.

Editl: After looking at pricing I think I will explore newer options as I can't afford a $1500 pair of glasses. ~$500 for the glasses, $1000 to put a divorce attorney on retainer because I spent $500 on a single pair of glasses.

Last edited:
Back