• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Help Identifying These

They appear to be second gen mid 90s. Can't tell exactly from the photos but the hinges seem to have the shorter reinforcements that are typical of the 2nd gen pairs. To be honest they don't come up much but with this colorway being readily available I don't see them being worth a whole lot.

Those are the exact pair my high school grilfriend wore. clear with violet. I of course had blades, good lord those dont look so great in old pictures.

yea he wasnt sure..had no reason to lie about it since he wasnt looking to sell them and didnt know i was an oakley addict.. he just happened to mention them when he saw my GRocks sitting on my desk. I know they are definitely not new, but I guess mid 90's is just as likely. If there's nothing particularly special about them then I'll tell him to just enjoy them. I do think it's cool that they have the star..my marine fades have the star but my deuce coupes dont..

I have a feeling they are a 2nd Gen clear w/ violet Frogskin. They have that purple hue in the frame as well that's common in 2nd gen. But that is just from looking at your pics. I have a feeling that they look different IRL. Possibly being current gen if they don't have the purple hue in the frames.

Your friend might have told you they are from the 80's because that is when they first came out.

They actually do have the purplish tint to the frames themselves. I noticed it right away. What would be a fair offer to him ?

Back