• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need some help with some A-Wires

P226

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
SC
so i purchased this pair of a-wires like 8-9 years ago to replace a pair that had been damaged. Bought them on ebay and for a good price from what i can remember. I wore them a handful of times, but then my intrigue with x-metals took over. I put them in a zipper case and then in a drawer....where they waited....anyway, was going through my inventory and found them. Took them out to try them on for nostalgic sake and to my horror it looked like some type of weird oxidation happened to the frame resuling in green specs/corrosion all over. My questions are as follows:
1) are these real? Or was a sold a fake pair?
2) if they are real, has anyone experienced this before or heard of this happening?
3) if they are in fact real, is this something worthwhile bringing up to oakley as a defect, or should i just chalk it up as a loss and move on? I only ask this because i had great experience with oakley CS when my first pair (ever) of eye jackets broke an arm, oakley offered me a decent credit for the lenses (as eye jackets were no longer in production).

efEpEO.jpg

JqAEAE.jpg

They look real to me! A wire 2.0 SH

Ever wear em in the pool or by the ocean?

I highly doubt Oakley will warranty the frames... Looks like a storage issue, you're beyond the 1 year warranty, not the original owner and (I assume) there's no bill...

But they MAY offer a partial discount on a new pair of frames...

Have you tried cleaning the frames?

Yes, the green is on there pretty hard. Never wore them to a beack or pool and they were stored in a dry space with a lot of other pairs. None have exhibited the same thing. My only other thought is possibly the lens cleaning solution i used back then. Was bought from sunglass hut and i did have a negative reaction from it to xx omatter frames (caused discoloration to silver frame). Have not had issue with it on many other pairs though.

Yes, the green is on there pretty hard. Never wore them to a beack or pool and they were stored in a dry space with a lot of other pairs. None have exhibited the same thing. My only other thought is possibly the lens cleaning solution i used back then. Was bought from sunglass hut and i did have a negative reaction from it to xx omatter frames (caused discoloration to silver frame). Have not had issue with it on many other pairs though.
Maybe you can have the frames refinished ... Some kind of media blast, new rubbers all around and new (or custom cut lenses) and you're all good!

Back