• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Romeo 2 Advice.

I won this auction ebay item# 250981737639 I am happy with the glasses for the price I paid. The nose joint feels fine to me. I'm sure it won't be much of a task to tighten up the ear stem with the right driver. Where it says there are pin prick size marks on the left lens it appears the lens has actually moved down out of the socket and these would be invisible if it was moved back up. The lens sits lower on the left lens and where the screw holds the lens in there are some tiny marks in the iridium where it has been tightened. The lens also does not sit quite right in the frame and needs to be moved back in which would hide any marks on the lens at all. I can almost see light at the top between the lens and frame and the little tail bit on the side of the lens appears to be holding it out.

So my questions are. Should this be easy enough to do myself and if so what screwdriver do I need to fix it? Or if I took these to an Oakley store are they likely to be able to fix it up for me.

you need a t-5 bit. i recommend buying a torx driver set if youre getting into Xmetals. you actually beat me to these.. i was bidding for them. let me know if you want to let them go.. =)

also, no use taking it to an oakley store. they'll likely just send it in for a full tuneup and charge you; the stores dont have technicians, or even a torx driver for that matter.

Thanks for the reply BriP. Sorry I beat you but I won't be looking at letting them go ;) I have 3 pair of x-metal with another on the way so will look into getting a torx set then. Is it something I will get from bunnings or will I have to go to somewhere like jaycar for those? For future reference how much does a tuneup cost for us Aussies?

Thanks for the reply BriP. Sorry I beat you but I won't be looking at letting them go ;) I have 3 pair of x-metal with another on the way so will look into getting a torx set then. Is it something I will get from bunnings or will I have to go to somewhere like jaycar for those? For future reference how much does a tuneup cost for us Aussies?

haha alright. i dont recall bunnings carrying it, but i fould my kinchrome set from autoOne or something. maybe supercheap auto has some too?

tuneups are $65 if i remember correctly. send it in through an O-store, and they cover shipping costs for you =)

Haha. I was bidding on these TOO!! You beat my max bid by $2.50. LOL.

Anywho, nice sunnies. Congrats! I was in Bunnings recently looking at torx sets and they do have them. I was hoping to buy a single one tho, not the entire set. Think it was $19.99.

Haha. I was bidding on these TOO!! You beat my max bid by $2.50. LOL.

Anywho, nice sunnies. Congrats! I was in Bunnings recently looking at torx sets and they do have them. I was hoping to buy a single one tho, not the entire set. Think it was $19.99.

yeah i had to buy the set too. oh well, kinchrome is a decent brand, and i need the 5 for the romeo2 and XSq, abd the 6 for everything else.. the rest MAY come in handy some day lol..

Went looking for a T5. None at Supercheap or autobarn the smallest they had was a 6. Bunnings did have one Kinchrome set with a T5 in it but it came with 33 pieces and was $35 bucks. Thought that was a bit overkill but might have to go for that. Looking at the Kinchrome site they have a 5 piece set which would be enough. Might try another hardware store. Thanks again for the advice.

On another note I wore them and I really like them. Feel like they are about 1/3 of the weight of my x-squared's on my face which start to feel a bit heavy after about 5 hours. Would be a good pair for wearing all day. Does let quite a bit more light in at the top and sides though so would think they are more suited to driving or sitting outside undercover than standing around in full sun.

Went looking for a T5. None at Supercheap or autobarn the smallest they had was a 6. Bunnings did have one Kinchrome set with a T5 in it but it came with 33 pieces and was $35 bucks. Thought that was a bit overkill but might have to go for that. Looking at the Kinchrome site they have a 5 piece set which would be enough. Might try another hardware store. Thanks again for the advice.

On another note I wore them and I really like them. Feel like they are about 1/3 of the weight of my x-squared's on my face which start to feel a bit heavy after about 5 hours. Would be a good pair for wearing all day. Does let quite a bit more light in at the top and sides though so would think they are more suited to driving or sitting outside undercover than standing around in full sun.

yeah i got the 5piece set. try other auto shops like auto1 etc.. im sure i got mine in one of them.

Back