• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Needed To Vent

That's wack, people are buying these at ~370 and charging 700 to fellow members the next day. I can understand eBay but damn, by all means make some doe but 300 is a slap in the face. That seriously sucks that they did you like that but you'll find one, there are a lot floating around and aren't all that rare. I paid a good amount for mine but I won't go for these wild eBay/forum numbers ever.
Lol I saw that and crossed those people off future deal prospects
I agree 2x

Lol I saw that and crossed those people off future deal prospects

I do that too, when people super inflate the prices, I blacklist them from any future dealings. I probably wont even sell or trade with them. Of course I keep that to myself though because its between me and those people. Then again though I dont pay to much attention to it. Those I wont deal with arent even active memebers of the forum anymore.

Last edited:
Just remember; Some members get really happy when they find a deal somewhere, and want to share how that adventure went. Not thinking of how that effects them when trying to sell. Some people rarely sell things and are not conscious of how members keep up with who does what. If the selling price is fair, and within market value, then we should not complain.

Just remember; Some members get really happy when they find a deal somewhere, and want to share how that adventure went. Not thinking of how that effects them when trying to sell. Some people rarely sell things and are not conscious of how members keep up with who does what. If the selling price is fair, and within market value, then we should not complain.

I agree with you. If I get something at high vaule ill try to get the same for it. No one really knows though unless people talk about it. Either way its all in the value of the seller. If someone wants to buy it and they will take if for that price then thats up to the seller and buyer.

That's wack, people are buying these at ~370 and charging 700 to fellow members the next day. I can understand eBay but damn, by all means make some doe but 300 is a slap in the face. That seriously sucks that they did you like that but you'll find one, there are a lot floating around and aren't all that rare. I paid a good amount for mine but I won't go for these wild eBay/forum numbers ever.

This right here.

Buy two, then post it in a pick-up thread then a few hours later, sell one for double the price. I too am for profit, but not for scalping.

Last edited:
LMAO That's why I like you Rich. Anyways to my brothers on the forum that have helped me achieve a few of my precious metals and display items I really appreciate your help. I do have to budget so yes I know I cant offer top dollar but I try to offer a fair shake. As most know I am in Dallas and anytime you guys need anything, you have my number or contact me here. I wasn't turning this thread into a bashing for any members, my frustration started with a O store.

Ok here it goes. Nothing as of the moment is for sale or for trades. Just wanted to express what is on my mind.

I currently bought a BNIB Juliet and am happy with my purchase. Regarding the price, I did not care how much it costs. It was my grail item so i said that i would get one no matter what the price is as long as i feel it is reasonable for me. A grail item for me may not be a grail item for others, and vice versa. My first IH Juliet has been kept in the box and never worn, so if i were to sell it i would sell it at the same price as i paid for it. Someone may not be happy with the price, but i have a family that i am supporting so they would be my first priority. I would help any member as i could, but not to the point that i will lower my price and comeout negative for the pleasure of the forum. If you do not like the price then dont buy it. I mean no disrespect to the forum. It is a great community. But there are limits on how i will help my fellow O-brothers. Plus i do not see anything wrong with selling an item at a price that you personally felt it was reasonable for you and purchased yourself.

Recently I have purchased 2 BNIB IH Juliets. I had to take two trips to HQ to acquire them both. I bought one as soon as HQ opened its doors, the second one was in the afternoon when i was informed that the one reserved was cancelled and i could buy them. I live 60 miles away from HQ. The IH Juliet is $370 + tax = $399.96, shipping priority with insurance would be almost $20, gas that i spent for the trip was almost $40. Total would be around $460 to acquire the IH Juliet plus the time spent on the road, and that i had to drag my family for the trip. But if I were to sell one that I got from HQ it would be not less than $600. Others may think it's scalping but personally i dont.

Like i said nothing is for sale as of the moment. But i am not saying that i will not sell anything in the future. But if i were to sell an IH Juliet, i would sell the one that cost me more to recuperate from the damages it did. I think others would do the same.

I hope i dont burn any bridges regarding this post, just wanted to share what is on my mind due to several negative comments from the previous post.

Ok here it goes. Nothing as of the moment is for sale or for trades. Just wanted to express what is on my mind.

I currently bought a BNIB Juliet and am happy with my purchase. Regarding the price, I did not care how much it costs. It was my grail item so i said that i would get one no matter what the price is as long as i feel it is reasonable for me. A grail item for me may not be a grail item for others, and vice versa. My first IH Juliet has been kept in the box and never worn, so if i were to sell it i would sell it at the same price as i paid for it. Someone may not be happy with the price, but i have a family that i am supporting so they would be my first priority. I would help any member as i could, but not to the point that i will lower my price and comeout negative for the pleasure of the forum. If you do not like the price then dont buy it. I mean no disrespect to the forum. It is a great community. But there are limits on how i will help my fellow O-brothers. Plus i do not see anything wrong with selling an item at a price that you personally felt it was reasonable for you and purchased yourself.

Recently I have purchased 2 BNIB IH Juliets. I had to take two trips to HQ to acquire them both. I bought one as soon as HQ opened its doors, the second one was in the afternoon when i was informed that the one reserved was cancelled and i could buy them. I live 60 miles away from HQ. The IH Juliet is $370 + tax = $399.96, shipping priority with insurance would be almost $20, gas that i spent for the trip was almost $40. Total would be around $460 to acquire the IH Juliet plus the time spent on the road, and that i had to drag my family for the trip. But if I were to sell one that I got from HQ it would be not less than $600. Others may think it's scalping but personally i dont.

Like i said nothing is for sale as of the moment. But i am not saying that i will not sell anything in the future. But if i were to sell an IH Juliet, i would sell the one that cost me more to recuperate from the damages it did. I think others would do the same.

I hope i dont burn any bridges regarding this post, just wanted to share what is on my mind due to several negative comments from the previous post.
I'd pay $600 for a bnib Juliet, I think that is a fair forum price. I don't think anyone would argue with you whatsoever on that. We all realise there are unforseen/additional expenses involved in acquiring glasses I.e. gas, tolls, time, etc. I'm sorry if I upset some people I was just expressing to mike (83falcon) how much it sucks that he lost out on his bnib retail priced ih Juliet because the resale can be outrageous, even on our close-knit forum.

Back