• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Neon Yellows

I sent the seller a message seeing if we could just cancel and do a refund, since I did pay with PayPal. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Thanks for the expertise and help. I should have known better, but like I said, impulse buy..

Too bad, really. I was planning to wait until the Acid Torts come out, and throw the Emerald lenses in there. How tight would that have looked!?

I sent the seller a message seeing if we could just cancel and do a refund, since I did pay with PayPal. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Thanks for the expertise and help. I should have known better, but like I said, impulse buy..

Too bad, really. I was planning to wait until the Acid Torts come out, and throw the Emerald lenses in there. How tight would that have looked!?

I think violet, fire and 24K look best! but that might have been cool! sorry about the bay problem. PayPal is good about refunding and reporting and what not

Well, they came in, and from what I can tell, the frames are real, just painted-over. There's a spot on the inside of each hinge that was missed. Looks like they use to be polished white. After talking to the seller, who actually seemed cool and offered to cancel the transaction, it seems to me like he maybe got duped when he got them, as his eBay store buys and sells all kinds of vintage items (the kind of stuff you see on the wall at a TGI Fridays). The only other pair of Oaks he has listed def seem legit. So I've messaged him that I'm going to keep them, to get them off the street, and b/c since it's not a bad paint job on what appear to be real frames, I can make a positive for myself out of it, and create my own pair of "customs" to keep. But I did tell him that if I see him put another fake pair up, I'll have to report him. B/C at that point you can't believe this was an isolated incident.

So now my question is, what kind of paint do yall reccomend I use on the icons? I want to go with a neon-green.

I threw some extra Polarized Greys I had laying around in them.

photo-2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Oh, and BTW, they are highly blacklight reactive, which I find a bonus.

Back