1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Sahil

Sahil Oakley Beginner

I'm going to be using Oakley's for everyday and I was wondering if people like Neutral or Contrast lenses better

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. one2gofst

one2gofst Oakley Beginner

Depends on what you'll be using them for and personal preference. I like both.

3. Sahil

Sahil Oakley Beginner

I'll just be using them for everyday wear (going outside, driving) and sometimes I'll be near water

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

If you are using it for a wide variety, i would recommend neutral.

MarcelN likes this.
  5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Isn't this kinda redundant with your BIP vs. FIP thread? Here's what I think is the best answer - get one of each, i.e. one neutral and one contrast. You'll end up using both.

6. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Depends on the frame style. You could get a style that allows for easily switched lenses and get a neutral and contrast lens. Also depends on which lens colors you like against the frame colors on the outside. Whatever you decide to wear you will get used to and it won't make much of a difference.

7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Or just get a second pair and don't worry about the hassle of swapping lenses...

8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I would always recommend contrast lenses, but it does come down to personal preference. I just find looking through neutral lenses so boring.

del518 and Lexkempo like this.
  9. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I agree with this ... If they're for 'all around' shades, you might want contrast because I find they can be worn for more occasions than contrast because they aren't usually as dark ... Such as VR28 and Tungsten ...

More importantly, get what you like/want ... If you can't decide get two frame or a pair with switch lock technology

10. MarcelN

MarcelN Oakley Beginner

It really depends on many things. How bright the light is, if the weather is overcast and where I am going to use them - driving / cycling or anything where there can be shadows (trees etc.) - contrast. Open terrain - neutral.

I use both and love both. If I had to choose one I would problably stick to the contrast, but still miss the neutral lenses. So my answer is get both if you can. Like already said, you will end up using both.