• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New 12 Gauge

What was weird was that at my regular O store, they told me it was long discontinued and said nothing else. So I was at a vault and he was showing me some sunglasses and I saw "12 gauge" and a price on a sticky note on the inside of the case.

So I asked if they had one and he said they had just transferred it out, but that he'd look in the system and find me one. So a few phone calls later he found one in Orlando and had it transferred. He was super cool about it. Plus the fact that it was already clearanced priced. It was a pretty good deal.

Weird how the O store made no effort to help, but the Vault guy was eager to help. Plus he got me a Carbon carabiner and was going to get me a robot too.
It's all about the person you find, I have made a lot of good friends at Oakley. But then like you say there are some that won't go that extra mile for you.

Just picked up my new titanium 12 Gauge. Another really nice watch. Was really happy to have been able to get one. The vault manager did an awesome job of tracking one down. 50% off was nice too.

Quick question...I didn't get an owners manual. Anywhere I can get one or can someone tell me how the small clock works? I pressed the lower right button and it beeped. That was new to me...

Thanks.

View attachment 212623
Certainly one of my favorite ones... Nice heft but not too heavy... It runs on the bigger side but I like bigger watches. Great color too and the yellow accents pretty much sealed the deal for me. Best thing for me was the alarm. Oh and being able to move the chrono is an awesome feature too! Definitely an amazing design. You are indeed lucky to find one in a vault.

Interior links are a carbon composite, not plastic. Same as the washers on a MM.

Lol I guess you believe everything they tell you eh?

My opinion, as well as numerous others I talked to after thinking I got a fake, was that it's plastic.

I guess whatever your into believing, but it looks and feels like plastic. And so do the MM washers. By no means do I think it's a quality material.

Idk if you remove your own links or have someone do it, but I've had that band apart and taken the links out and inspected the black pieces, and all that. There are heavy cast lines just like plastics carry, texture is consistent with plastic, etc. i understand they SAY it's a carbon composite, but that doesn't mean much.

That being said its still one of my top watches and I still think it's one of the best looking and functioning that Oakley makes.

I owned one and it was the most uncomfortable watch I have ever wore. I wore on my left as I do all my watches and every time I bent my wrist the crown would dig in. Design wise it's an awesome piece but not for me. My hollowpoint doesn't dig in like the 12 gauge.

Lol I guess you believe everything they tell you eh?

My opinion, as well as numerous others I talked to after thinking I got a fake, was that it's plastic.

I guess whatever your into believing, but it looks and feels like plastic. And so do the MM washers. By no means do I think it's a quality material.

Idk if you remove your own links or have someone do it, but I've had that band apart and taken the links out and inspected the black pieces, and all that. There are heavy cast lines just like plastics carry, texture is consistent with plastic, etc. i understand they SAY it's a carbon composite, but that doesn't mean much.

That being said its still one of my top watches and I still think it's one of the best looking and functioning that Oakley makes.
To clarify, a carbon composite is a blend of plastic and carbon for strength. I know what you mean, it looks cheap, but its a lot stronger than you think.

I understand what a composite is bro, carbon fiber itself is a composite. Im not downing the watch as much as I think u think I am. It is one of my favorites for sure. I just think they could have done a little better in the appearance section on a $2000 or so retail watch. I like the weight of it, I guess it's really a form or function deal. By no means does it make it an ugly or less than piece, I just think they could have done a little better.

Latest Posts

Back