• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New 3rd Party Lens

michaelpule

Oakley Expert
So I know they aren't authentic Oakley, but I picked up the Walleva Polarized Purple Iridium Path lenses for my IH Radars because I wanted the purple hue to wear on game days. Too much K-State blood in these veins.

First impressions is that like commonly known, they feel much cheaper than my authentic Oakley Lenses. Thin and lighter. But Oakley doesn't make the violet Iridium for the radar so I tried my luck.

The purple is hard to capture on camera but side my side with Oakley black Iridiu it is very different.

Pics taken with an IPhone 4
esybuty6.jpg
a9e6ubu4.jpg
8yhyryne.jpg

The last picture does a pretty good job of showing the purple color compared to the Rockies bat and purple O on the frame.

I wish they made a violet iridium lens for them... Cant figure out why they wouldn't.... I mean seriously..... I like the contrast ...Well done!!!

I have to say, that lens does look nice for the radar. I've been looking everywhere for a authentic Oakley violet iridium lens. What I have found out is they actually do make a violet iridium lense for the radar. It's the bmx edition radar set which comes with red, jade and violet iridium lens. The set also comes with matching ear socks and nose pieces. It is a rare piece though. I've been looking for quite awhile to pick one up.

They do make the violet iridium lens for the radar. I have one in my BMX array and one in my OIH Radar Path...you just have to search for it:

20120728_234021.jpg

84793761.jpg

I've looked everywhere!!!! Im going to call Oakley Monday to see if they have any violet iridium for the radar. eBay is overloaded with aftermarket lenses and slim with authentic Oakley lenses.

Wow thanks for the pics guys! Now I hate you! I found a few on Ebay but they are incomplete sets.

ND56 if you hear anything shoot me a message. I'd much rather have authentics lenses vs these walleva.

michaelpule, thanks for the info on the aftermarket lenses. I've seen these for sale all over Ebay and have always wondered about their quality. I think I will pass on the aftermarket lens if I can... How is the view out of the lenses by the way? I'm curious...

Latest Posts

Back