• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Additions (Juliet, Straight Jacket) Part One

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Going to be adding some recent purchases (past few months) over the next week or so...some are not fully new purchases but new combos created by new lens purchases etc.

First Up:

Juliet Polished with Fire Polarized. Decided to add it BACK into the collection before all the hammerstem pieces went bye bye

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

AND Oakley Straight Jacket II, Metallic Red with OO Black Iridum Polarized. This variant went into discontinued land pretty fast. I've always been a fan of the Metallic Red O Matter frames but never owned one, plus I had heard good things about the OO lenses so it was a win win. I needed a pair of frames I wouldn't mind knocking around at the house, pool etc and something I could wear while running, etc.-these are perfect for all that

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

I'm really sad they're phasing out the hammerstems on the juliets. I don't want to wear mine anymore in case something happens. I might just pick up a new pair of Juliets so i don't have to wear my current ones!

ucdavis those Juliets are awesome! I have yet to own a pair but I will eventually. I will probably go with the classic x-metal/ruby. Straight Jackets are nice too. Do you like the OO polarized? I have red OO polarized on my flak jackets and they're great!

ucdavis those Juliets are awesome! I have yet to own a pair but I will eventually. I will probably go with the classic x-metal/ruby. Straight Jackets are nice too. Do you like the OO polarized? I have red OO polarized on my flak jackets and they're great!

I love the OO and the smooth polarization it provides. In many ways you get all the benefits of the VR28 B.I. Polarized but without the hint of brown on the outside...in fact OO to me looks like a more mirrored Black Iridium. I must say I will be interested to wear them back to back with the X Squared VR28 lenses when they come in later this week, but already I love how everything looks through the G40 base.

Great pickups!

I'm still procrastinating on a pair of polished Juliets... Just scored a Ducati Juliet couple of weeks back.

But u r right, the hammer stems are getting scarce these days... Time to scout around eBay... :)

Hey a purchase I can envy and...it's the sj one color I don't have due to cost and not being comfortable in polarized....nice...

Hey a purchase I can envy and...it's the sj one color I don't have due to cost and not being comfortable in polarized....nice...

The Metallic Red is really nice....sparkles like crazy in the sunlight. Got mine BNIB for $129...which is just about right at the 33-34% off retail figure I try to hit for all my Oakley purchases.

Going to be adding some recent purchases (past few months) over the next week or so...some are not fully new purchases but new combos created by new lens purchases etc.

First Up:

Juliet Polished with Fire Polarized. Decided to add it BACK into the collection before all the hammerstem pieces went bye bye

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

AND Oakley Straight Jacket II, Metallic Red with OO Black Iridum Polarized. This variant went into discontinued land pretty fast. I've always been a fan of the Metallic Red O Matter frames but never owned one, plus I had heard good things about the OO lenses so it was a win win. I needed a pair of frames I wouldn't mind knocking around at the house, pool etc and something I could wear while running, etc.-these are perfect for all that

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

One word SWEEEEEEEEEET

Nothing like the feel of a pair of polished juliets..... they are smooth on and smooth off. I rarely wear mine, they spend more time displayed.... I too would probably buy an extra pair just to have.