1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Hi fellas,

I am an Australian Oakley enthusiast ,bought my first pair 12 yaers ago and started collecting x-metals about a year ago,now I cant stop.
    So I thought I may as well get in touch with some people with the same affliction.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome from up over. I here ya on the X metals, got my first one a few months ago now I need an intervention. I am not even sure how many I have.

3. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

I know what you mean ,I ve bought 12 in the last 12 years ,8 of them in the last 6 weeks seem to be having some sort of mid life crisis.

4. Max Fearlight

Max Fearlight Oakley Beginner

you must be a clone of me. which state are you in? i started 12 years ago. in '00 with the XX.

5. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

You are not going to believe this Max,but my first Oakley was a pair of XXs Plasma/Blue Iridium bought in 2000 which I still have only I have had to use Black replacement lenses in them, then last week I saw a pair of 24k XXs for sale on Ebay ,turned out after emailing back and forth that the frames were mint and - get this he had installed new Ice lenses in them a few years ago and not used them since ,so if everyone has been telling the truth, my beloved sunnies will be back to their former glory and I will have a nice clean pair of 24s with box and coin ect(I have a set of new 24k lenses I was going to put into the plasma frames but they woud'nt look too good so I did'nt).
    I am in Perth

6. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Hello and welcome from Germany :wink:

7. Max Fearlight

Max Fearlight Oakley Beginner

my apologies for not getting back to you earlier. it seems just about all the oakleyholics are in perth. i still have the XX 24K in mint condition. ive used it very lightly.

8. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Hello Marc,

Thanks for the greeting.

9. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Well we do get a lot of sun over here,have any of you Melbournite Oakleyholiics customised any pairs with windscreen wipers yet.Ha Ha Ha.

10. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

G'day mate, from a POHM!!!! You just beat me by maybe a year for the taking an interest in the 'O. Nice to have you join us and I hope you have a fulfilling experience here :flypig: