• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Batwolfs (Wrong Lense Color??)

jafranci

Oakley Beginner
I bought a pair of batwolfs. They are black ink frames and ice iridium lenses (I think). Can you look at the pictures and tell me if it is indeed ice iridium? It has a purple tint on the edges of the glasses, and it looks more like the purple lenses???

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

Where did you buy your glasses? If it's from an authorized Oakley retailer, you should be fine.

Regarding the Ice Iridium having a purple tint on the outer edges, yes that's how most of my newer Ice Iridium look as well.

Where did you buy your glasses? If it's from an authorized Oakley retailer, you should be fine.

Regarding the Ice Iridium having a purple tint on the outer edges, yes that's how most of my newer Ice Iridium look as well.

Bought them directly from Oakley, i just thought ice iridium would be pure blue.

Ιf looking through them have a yellowish colour it is a violet, if they have more grey base then it is an ice one.

I have noticed several changes in the hues...last 2 +Red Flak lenses I bought were Blue with hints of purple(I swear they used ice dye)-no RED at any angle- I bought a pair of +Red Flak XLJ's from someone that were older Very Red w/ purple the way I remember it...the manager of a well known on line OPD told me he thinks they either are running low or changing their red dye...I am aware lenses have variations and depends on curve/cut/batch but +Red has changed in 2 or 3 years...the older ones I got actually looked like the photoshop O pic! When I buy Ice i prefer BLUE...right now I have seen Ice and +red lenses that look incredibly similiar

I have noticed several changes in the hues...last 2 +Red Flak lenses I bought were Blue with hints of purple(I swear they used ice dye)-no RED at any angle- I bought a pair of +Red Flak XLJ's from someone that were older Very Red w/ purple the way I remember it...the manager of a well known on line OPD told me he thinks they either are running low or changing their red dye...I am aware lenses have variations and depends on curve/cut/batch but +Red has changed in 2 or 3 years...the older ones I got actually looked like the photoshop O pic! When I buy Ice i prefer BLUE...right now I have seen Ice and +red lenses that look incredibly similiar

positive red and ruby have always had problems.. ive got a positive red that is really ruby, in fact halfway to being a fruby! and yes, my vintage ice in the splice is bluw all the way around.. like its meant to be. alot of the newer stuff seem to have a thinner iridium coat (new technology perhaps) which doesnt give that solid iridium color. Even the G30 tint has faded over the years.. i have an old gen G30 in my half J's that has a fairly strong blue iridium on it, but the ones in my gf's endurings are really light, almost not there!

This is making online OCP not that great of an idea lately...I'd rather have the lens tint I want than a colored icon

I just got a pair of Batwolf with the Ruby Iridium lens at my local O store - yellow on the outer edges, ruby(ish) in the middle, to strong purple in the middle / center. I originally had red anodized icons for them (looked good in the store) but when I got outside, the red icons didn't match. I went back in to the O store, returned the red anodized icons, to get the sunset icons and they go together really well.

Back