• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Canteen - Black Ink / Jade Iridium Polarized Colorway

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
Well, this wasn't so much a purchase as it was an acquisition, thanks to the kindness and generosity of one of our amazing forum members (you know who you are good sir).

These are not available to the North American market, so I was super stoked when I found out I was getting a pair.

The colorway is very sharp, I always liked the combination of Polished Black / Jade Iridium & this is very similar in that they are Black Ink / Jade Iridium Polarized.

Just like the Special Edition Ferrari Canteen, these are ridiculously lightweight and very comfortable, while being quite solid at the same time.

I went to a friend's wedding wearing the Ferrari Canteen this weekend and I discovered that there was some major light leakage between the frame and my nose. I've had this happen, to varying degrees, with other frames and it is something that just bothers me. They look great while driving in the car, but as soon as I'm in the open sunlight, the ugly gap appears.This is obviously a fault with my facial structure, and not the Canteens.

The Jade Iridium on this pair is leaning heavily toward Violet. I prefer a stronger Jade / Green presence myself.

The microfiber bag is really cool. I like the design a lot; very sharp.

So, I guess that these Canteens will be my shelf queens, and I'm OK with that :)

If not for the gap, these would be my signature frames :( Thankfully, the new Valve fits me well, and so does the new Wiretap :)

P1100092.jpg
P1100093.jpg
P1100094.jpg
P1100095.jpg
P1100099.jpg
P1100100.jpg
P1100097.jpg
P1100102.jpg
P1100101.jpg

Still not sure how I feel about the new canteens. I love the old ones but to me the crankshafts look more like the canteens then the new canteens

Still not sure how I feel about the new canteens. I love the old ones but to me the crankshafts look more like the canteens then the new canteens
I tried the Crankshaft on, hoping it'd fit like the Crankcase, but it didn't. It's too wide and too narrow for me. I think it's closer, in size, to a Gascan. YMMV

See I liked how the crankshaft fit. But maybe they are like the gascans. I have tried on and had many pairs of gascans and ever pair fit different